dalez

Walking and shopping the show

dalez

My first time and am wondering about the process. Do you walk around with a wagon or a handcart. Most things are metal and fairly heavy, not like you can put them in a shopping bag. 

Buy a mower deck and drive the truck up to the seller or do you have to wait till the end of the day to pick it up? Basically the how and getting of the purchase. I imagine it is mostly cash.

Thanks,

Dale

• Like 1

dells68

First off welcome!  Love the name - mine is Dell too!  As far as shopping, you’ll find folks using their tractors and wagons to haul, hand trucks, kids wagons, etc...  I sold last year and had a couple of folks to come in with their vehicles to pick up their big items.  Whatever you do, come prepared to have a blast!  Oh and watch out for that @oldredrider guy who just posted as I typed - he’s rotten!😂🤣😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

rjg854

:WRS:  mostly done in cash,  bring a tractor and a wagon,  and pick up whatever you buy. There's enough people around and they are willing to help.  You'll really enjoy yourself. 

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome , I wear a back pack for small items that I buy. Bring a chair to sit in so you can meet all of us ole coots :ROTF:. For larger items the seller will hold after you pay for them or some one will have a wagon or hand cart you can use to haul your goodies to your vehicle. 

• Like 7

roadapples

Might even find a front end loader to help....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:Look for the tall old guy with a horse on his head.

• Haha 6

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @dalez!  Last year was my first show and this year I’m bringing the whole family.  I still haven’t started on my rig to haul the tractors to the show, but we’ll cross that bridge in the next few weeks!  I need to finish my wife’s tractor “Frank” still.

From my experience, I was in sensory overload.  I was prepared to not buy a thing, but ended up hauling 4 tractors home in my 5’ bed Colorado.  I warned Mrs. Pullstart that I’ll likely end up with 3-4 more by the end of the show to pack in, so she’s got a better insight already!  I had assistance from sellers and walkers by just alike, everyone was more than willing to lend a hand.  If you see me and need something, you just let me know too!

Hope to see you there,

Kevin “Pullstart”

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

953 nut

Be sure to come on Thursday or Friday, the majority of us will be walking and buying and then make the rounds with a :wh: and cart to retrieve our purchases. By Saturday a lot of folks will be packing up for the trip home.

A8283782-E09F-4A5D-9414-0B020395B7ED.jpeg.07fa6f2b8e297214994f8e0ea8a5e992.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

By the way @dalez,

I realize you’ve been around here close to a year, but noticed after only 7 posts (or less) that you’re a supporter.  Thank you for being part of the best website on the www!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

:WRS:

Bring a tractor for sure but if don't have room for a tub someone will always borrow you one or offer hauling help!

17 hours ago, roadapples said:

Might even find a front end loader to help....

Don't ask the guy with the loader for help tho he will probably have his bucket full of horseapples! Where's that pic when you need it @wallfish !?!?!

Found it!

5aebd8485874c_roadapplescard31proof1_jpg_529bda05dbe0658f11361f32e9e59c6a.jpg

5ada9cdb2c112_RoadApples_jpg_0cd44d538bef25291b58e7687b63fcd7.jpg

Edited by WHX22
  • Haha 6

oldredrider

Oh, by the way, I'll be bringing a tractor and tub cart for sale. Just trying to help you guys out!!! "Rotten" oldredrider.

• Haha 6

dells68
54 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Oh, by the way, I'll be bringing a tractor and tub cart for sale. Just trying to help you guys out!!! "Rotten" oldredrider.

Notice I didn’t say what kind of rotten!  We always have a good time when I visit!

• Like 1

dalez

Got it. Bring a 53 foot semi and a load of cash.

Thanks I'll be the one dragging my wife and probably a handcart with a milkcrate bundgeed to it. Sounds like it should be quite the adventure.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

squonk
11 hours ago, stevebo said:

Just look for this kid and he will haul it for you no tips required! 

IMG_6272 (1) - Copy.JPG

I had a 16 horse Kohler to haul last year but I figured If you want grand kids I better not throw it in his lap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4