CCW

Lifting option

CCW

Needing to lift my 312-8 high enough to drain transmission I built this mini gantry crane using a four ton come-along bought for stump removal.  I do not have the garage, barn or shed to store another piece of equipment.  Simply removing the feet will allow me to break it down and hang it on the back of the shed till it's need again.

IMG_1118-a.JPG

IMG_1119-a.JPG

IMG_1120-a.JPG

IMG_1121-a.JPG

IMG_1122-a.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Nice idea!!

troutbum70

Neat idea Have you considered putting wheel's on it to make it more mobile?

CCW

I have and will consider them.  Feet have to come off for long term storage hanging on the back of the shed.  Right now it will lift the front end so the bottom of the tires are 20" off the ground.  Wheels will give me a bit more height.

Lee1977

I can see that it works, but the width and bracing of the base doesn't look to me to be real safe. My option may not be forth much, but I designs commercial buildings, schools, churches and houses for 40 years.

CCW

Good comment on bracing.  I did speak to a couple of mechanical engineers about the loading, but not about bracing.  Adding a wider base with more triangulation is not a problem.  Keep in mind that I only use it to lift, not transport. Supports go under the tractor before I work on it and the weight is released from the lift with only minimal tension as a backup. 

formariz

I would just add much larger plywood gussets. Same on top.Just make inside face curved so as not to restrict space underneath.