JCM

Plans for the long weekend

JCM

Interested to find out what you guy's have planned for this weekend.possibly opening up camp, fishing, boating,hiking?, maybe quality seat time around the yard? This is only the 2nd year that I will not be opening up camp putting dock in place, turning on water,installing boat lift etc, kinda feels good not to have to head up the Maine Turnpike with what seems like everyone else, sold camps, sometimes less is more, instead I will continue with this years project which is painting the house,been putting that off for a few years, now that the rain has stopped it's time to get real busy.

• Like 7

ebinmaine

We stay to home most holiday weekends so as to not have to deal with the inordinately large amount of Ummmmm... Bright people... that are out gallivanting around.

This weekend will be getting things sharpened up and ready Saturday for a logging day Sunday.

Lots of other tinkering, puttering and general stuff to do.

Mostly our focus will be on building the chicken run.

Also need to get the garden put in.

Monday I'll be changing tires and fixing lights on the utility trailer in prep for next weekend... Running down to Massachusetts to see a couple fine Redsquare members.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

JCM

Hey Eric, love that first sentence of your response, don't forget while you are amongst the RS members in Massachusetts put a plug in for us on the Sept Meet & Greet.       Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

adsm08

Wife is taking the kids and going up to camp with her parents.

I am staying home, getting laundry and dishes caught up, helping someone with a swapped around truck that won't crank from the key, but does run on Saturday, and then yanking the engine and trans from my own truck Sunday or Monday.

Somewhere in there I am also supposed to do a bunch of work for one of my clients, but I have not gotten confirmation that he is dropping the car off yet.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

Hope to have the time over the long weekend to get this one up and running. Other than that not much planned, gotta stay close by as I’m on call all weekend 

F2347160-4FBE-4804-B8A1-BE34A980AFD9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, JCM said:

Hey Eric, love that first sentence of your response, don't forget while you are amongst the RS members in Massachusetts put a plug in for us on the Sept Meet & Greet.       Thanks

Oh I will for sure.... I think they both already know but I'll profusely remind them.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin
7 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Don't mean to pis# anyone off but it's just another weekend for us retired folks.For you guys still working 9 to 5 enjoy the time off! 

Very true there JA. Not sure about just another weekend though. One day seems just like any other any time.

Won't be going anywhere. To many tourists/holiday makers get around. May go to a localish car show Sunday. Otherewise stay in our nice, quiet, secluded part of the world. :)

• Like 4

Sparky

I front loaded my hours at work so today (Friday) I just need 3 or 4 hours to hit my 40 and I'll be outa here kicking off the long weekend early. Saturday I'll be driving south-west on a WH recovery mission :ph34r: (more on that later if it works out). Not crossing state lines so you New Yorkers can relax :lol: .

On Sunday I'll be taking a motorcycle ride up into the Berkshire area of Massachusetts with my father. Gotta love being able to still do stuff with dad. He's 77 and still loves to ride on 2 wheels! 

My little bass boat needs about an hour of my time to get it ready for the season, wife picked us up our fishing licenses yesterday so hopefully Monday I'll be floating in a lake somewhere waiting on a bite.   

2D188BEE-EA80-4221-831A-FEF562AC5A5E.jpeg

FE489274-F3EF-43CB-8C38-BBE1FF96B118.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

JCM

Now that's what I call an action packed weekend, WH mission, 2 wheels with Dad involved in the Berkshires and spending the Holiday on a water body waiting for a hungry fish to latch onto your lure.         Please give my comments to whoever owns that beautiful garage, absolutely AWESOME.

PeacemakerJack

I’ve got a few hours of work this morning, then this afternoon I’m going to help my cousin get his “sporty” loaded and strapped in his pickup—he is headed to Montana for a couple of weeks.  Also on the list:

—some yard work including general cleanup

—plowing the gardens and tilling out smooth

—finishing up a Cub project with my daughter that we are getting ready to sell.

—organizing the shed after the long winter

—spending some time with the kids

—end out the weekend with the GTO at the Memorial Day car show...

812E51D8-429B-407D-B1E3-009C9DDCAD69.jpeg.46ce4be93859b1007f00e4ac41e4f9e4.jpeg

with my favorite little people (Caleb is taller than me now!) in the whole world!

C501B706-1FFF-408D-BF48-310CC97FB462.jpeg.8d8ce16bf7a314ac0512e28021b4cb47.jpeg

Gotta pack up the refreshments and seating gear to keep everyone happy!

@Sparky so glad that you get to spend that time with your dad.  My bike should be finished any day now and I can wait to go riding with my dad like I used to.  Hopefully, in a year or two Caleb will get his license and the three of us can go riding! 

Have a great weekend guys!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Stormin

I keep thinking of getting another motorcycle. Been without one for 10yrs now and after owning something like 40+ since I was 16, the itch is still there. Something lightweight for popping around on and up at the farm, where I do a bit of part time work.

• Like 3

prondzy
48 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

My bike should be finished any day now 

BIKE?? how come ive never seen a picture of that:confusion-scratchheadblue:?

prondzy

My time will be spent putting up a fence between my shed and garage making an area in the yard i can hide my "JUNK" so i and my neighbors dont have to look at it. Today starts with hole drilling and posts!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
45 minutes ago, prondzy said:

BIKE?? how come ive never seen a picture of that:confusion-scratchheadblue:?

I’ll start a thread on it one of these days...maybe in celebration of its completion.  I practically lived on it back in 1998-99, when I went weeks without sitting in an automobile. Trips across the country and around part of the Great Lakes were normal back then, but for the last 7 years it has sat in a corner of the shed.  My two younger children have never been on it. So, last summer my daughter begged me to get it going because she Remembers the rides that I gave her on it before it sat...

52 minutes ago, prondzy said:

My time will be spent putting up a fence between my shed and garage...Today starts with hole drilling and posts!

What are you using to drill the holes?  That is one of the worst parts about building fence unless you have a nice mounted power auger to do the grunt work...

• Like 2

prondzy
10 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

What are you using to drill the holes?  That is one of the worst parts about building fence unless you have a nice mounted power auger to do the grunt work...

Its a wallk behind toro dingo with a 10in auger, dad is also putting up a section of fence so were splitting the rental cost similar to this guy22805-High-Torque-Auger-Power-Headdg22805_34r_196718.jpg.jpg.c94071eaf21b0fd09ca3138e524f9237.jpg

At a cost of 2 Franklins  for 4 hours its worth every penny when you have 18 posts to put in

Edited by prondzy
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Achto

I had my 40hrs in when I left work on Thurs. My company seems to feel that I should put in another 20hrs yet this week so that's where I'll be today & Sat.:unsure: Sunday I have a date with a big ol' chunk of pork butt & my smoker (maybe a few beverages too:D). Should probably do a little yard work in between tending the smoker. Not sure what's on the ticket for Monday, I might take a drive Omro to visit with @PeacmakerJack & check out the car show. 

Hope every one has a great weekend.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

organizing the shed after the long winter

Good luck with that! then head over and do Dan's :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat::ROTF:

• Haha 1

Achto
42 minutes ago, WHX22 said:
3 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

organizing the shed after the long winter

Good luck with that! then head over and do Dan's :laughing-rolling:

We'll need much longer than a weekend for that.:lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

Text me Dan if you decide to cruise on over to Omro on Monday.  We are planning to be there unless it is raining.  If it is decent weather, we’ll keep an extra chair on hand for you...

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Finishing this hopefully 

0FDECED6-9384-4761-A886-D43772DE9A9E.jpeg

8728D18F-3474-45EB-BA4B-028ECCDDAE5B.jpeg

• Like 9

The Tuul Crib

Going to stay and avoid the traffic and crowds ! We have exploded with growth here and not enough roads so 

l plan on hooking up my new security 

camera system . Gotta protect my 

horses !!! :ph34r:

• Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That’s why I bought one of these last summer. Friend of mine bought the property behind their house and needed a fence to keep two horses in. After digging the first two holes by hand, I went and out and got this, best $260 I ever spent

11F57DF2-6419-43D1-829E-EA2F5340BC5F.jpeg

Edited by Professor1990
  • Like 2