Bear G

Closed my FB acct.

RandyLittrell

If you have a smart phone, you should be able to use it as a hot spot, then you can troll on your laptop. 

Randy

• Like 2

Bear G

No hot spot on this phone because we have unlimited data.

AT&T won’t allow hotspot with the unlimited data plan.

• Like 1

19richie66

Troll away Barry 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Pollack Pete

I never had a facebook account.I figure there's enough BS in the world without adding to it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Well, welcome back... even if you have to settle for us!  :ROTF:  I’m looking forward to hear what you’ve been up to with your fleet Barry!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Bear G
Just now, pullstart said:

Well, welcome back... even if you have to settle for us!  :ROTF:  I’m looking forward to hear what you’ve been up to with your fleet Barry!

Thanks. Not settling though.

tried it a few times and got too aggravated with my phone.. that’s all.

Fleet has expanded.. built a few more, bought a few more. Sold a few of the old ones I got bored with. Wish I hadn’t now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ACman

Sounds like a great place to live :handgestures-thumbupright: . If I could figure it out anyone should be able to :lol: !

• Like 1

Pullstart

Hey by the way, I’ve upgraded my hauler if you didn’t see already :handgestures-thumbupright:

4FD26310-A5BF-4469-A31E-145FDDB4C22B.jpeg

• Like 1

Bear G

Nice!! No, I haven’t seen that.. 

ill trade ya.. you know mine. Same faulty wiring.. still.. lol

i tell everyone.. “don’t hit the light switch. Whatever you do, don’t hit it!”

I haven’t done a thining to it since you worked on it..

Edited by Bear G
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I have a feeling my wife would come with the trailer!  :D

• Like 1

Bear G

Is she a good cook? We might be able to work a deal here.. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Welcome back.

I use only my phone as well about 99% of the time.

I can tether to this account but rarely do so because it uses so much data for just a few minutes.

We have purposely "disconnected" from the internet and cable at home.

We're too busy to use it.

Using a phone is a VERY different experience from using a PC.

I've gotten used to it after a few months.

I also do not have, and have never had... A FB account.

I have very little use for negativity, politics, or religious discussion.

Redsquare is the only social media site I use.

I get everything I need or want from the fine folks here.... About tractors yes... And also about everything else I've ever asked.

• Like 6

Sparky

I never understand why people leave FB because of, for example, the political discussions/arguments. Seems silly to me. 

As I scroll down thru FB I simply don’t read any of that, then I come to one where a guy I’ve known since middle school but lives in Las Vegas now is posting about his kids graduating collage or something positive. I read it, like the post and offer up my congrats...continue scrolling past the political/religious/gun rants until I come across something positive like my uncle in Florida where he posts pics and an update about his new Harley Davidson. I read it, like the post and offer up my congrats and maybe more. 

It’s as simple as that. Just read what you want and completely skip the rest. And I’ve dropped a few people off my friend list who never post anything except the negative stuff. Again, super easy. 

Bear G

I got tired of scrolling past 50-60 political, religious, or nonsense posts to find ONE worth stopping for to read. 

Sparky
20 minutes ago, Bear G said:

I got tired of scrolling past 50-60 political, religious, or nonsense posts to find ONE worth stopping for to read. 

I can understand that.

• Like 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, Bear G said:

I’m glad you found my one post worthy of reading :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bear G

Richie,

I posted some pics on here today of the show we’re at in Sidney, Oh. But I think I might have put it in the wrong place.

still trying to get used to this.

ohiofarmer

I thought ATT bought TMobile  No Matter. We ditched Verizon after many years on the family plan. We have T-Mobile unlimited data,no extra fees or taxes added to our bill, Free Netflix for two devices at once, and the Hotspot works with our plan. We have used 35 gigs of data that ran as fast or faster than Verizon. YMMV.With the automatic billing discount, it is $40 for each phone for three phones   We bought unlocked phones so we could leave if we ever wanted to, So add that for an extra cost.

The trouble with carriers is that they offer new subscribers better plans than the existing customer It really gets bad when you try to quit your existing carrier Verizon tried to flat out cheat us with extra billing to the tune of $290 when we quit. I guess you could say that it worked out that we played good cop bad cop and finally we got out to what I consider close enough to 'fair' that we accepted their offer It took FOUR billing cycles!!!

Of course after all these difficulties we were offered a much better deal than previously with Verizon. No Way,Hose'' I hate using a tiny cell phone keyboard for my fat clumsy fingers.

Dakota8338

Also, never have participated on FB & never intend to!

ztnoo

@Bear G

Barry,

Don't give up on RED SQUARE!!!

There's at least a 1000 times more WH info here than anywhere else, along with boatloads of less chit chat BS that goes on at FB sites.

You can handle the learning curve........just don't give up too quickly because you don't have a clear sense of the site map and the rules.

Keep hacking away and you'll catch on.

You'll be glad you toughed it out with us.

Guaranteed!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Zeek
On 5/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, Bear G said:

I closed my Facebook Acct..

got tired of all the political arguments.

looks like I’m going to be trolling the red square pages a lot more often now.. lol

I buy, build, & collect custom modified Wheel Horses.

I’ve had difficulty in the past navigating this site in my phone. Only choice I have though. No internet for PC or laptop where we live. 

If I’m slow to reply to anything it’s not because I’m ignoring anyone. It’s probably because I’m trying to figure it how to use this..

thanks all!

BG

Good for you. I closed my FB 4-5 years ago when I saw the direction it was headed. They kept changing "privacy settings" basically resetting them so you had to go back and set stuff to private if you were not paying attention. I don't like the political manipulation either or "look how awesome my life is and better than yours (when you know it stinks) please give me attention . . .:crying-yellow: " Social media has it's purpose, but it also screws up a lot of people up who are easily mislead . . . :coffee:

• Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

I don't like the politics but I come from a small town and have a lot of good friends. If not for facebook, we would not be able to keep up with each other and our kids. I just unfollow those that post a ton of negative crap, but still remain friends. 

Randy

• Like 1