Pullstart

Check out this custom! 8N replica 308-8!

Pullstart

For comparison here is a walk around of a real 8N.  I’d say the builder did a great job recreating this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

That’s cool!!

cleat

Cool !!

I learned to drive tractors on a 1959 Ford 861 Powermaster like this.

img.jpg.966ffbf6d41650aa0a2a8ae6ab4e7e31.jpg

I guess that I should create one of these...

• Like 4

fast88pu

Cool

WVHillbilly520H

Well that should be the inspiration for all the 3pt enthusiasts... @PeacemakerJack the owner/builder ought to be putting up the blueprints for that little tid bit.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

clueless

I want it :handgestures-thumbupright:. I would make that 2500 mile round trip for that.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I don’t understand why someone would sell it in the first place, unless it’s an estate liquidation of a deceased possibly?  

• Like 1

diesel cowboy

That's cool.  I've been looking at this kit to build one for a few years now http://www.awesomehenry.com/gtkits/  Just never got around to making the time to get it  and build it

• Like 4

peter lena

imagine the look on a newbie,s  face that just spent 4k  at h/d  on a die cast Deere, seeing that, not having a clue, pete 

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:               This Oliver :wh: I saw last year was well done too.

100_0098.JPG.c5095f181385b941e476a95c7eb7e604.JPG

• Like 6

Pullstart

Well, someone wants this worse than I do, I fold.  I hope the new owner is or becomes a member here so we can enjoy the journey vicariously!

890EAA06-D72C-4206-B5EF-7D70E1467837.jpeg

• Sad 1

cleat

Well, if you were to actually build this complete unit and account for your time then that is a low price.

• Like 2

Pullstart
18 minutes ago, cleat said:

Well, if you were to actually build this complete unit and account for your time then that is a low price.

I totally agree!  I just have my toy cash allocated towards some commitments at the big show already.  With the sales tax and buyer’s fees, this thing is knocking on $700 and it has two hours left for bidding.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Bidding ended, out the door the price is $1,161.87!  3% discount to cash buyers, of course!

• Like 1

aSingularity

Man, that may well be one of the coolest things I've ever seen

AHS
On 5/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Well that should be the inspiration for all the 3pt enthusiasts... @PeacemakerJack the owner/builder ought to be putting up the blueprints for that little tid bit.

Yes! I was looking at that quite a bit. The bottom one are connected to the axle... one could rig something up like this!!

• Like 1

WHNJ701

if I remember I think someone at sometime sells these as a kit along with replica types to adapt to garden tractors.  I have seen similar nice ones selling around the 2k range

• Confused 1

Pullstart
40 minutes ago, jabelman said:

if I remember I think someone at sometime sells these as a kit along with replica types to adapt to garden tractors.  I have seen similar nice ones selling around the 2k range

Wow, just for the kit?

WHNJ701
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Wow, just for the kit?

I don't know how much the kits were, I saying the finished tractors

AMC RULES

:eusa-hand: Not a big fan of turning my beloved :wh:'s into...

something they're not, never were, or ever will be.  :confusion-shrug:

clueless
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

:eusa-hand: Not a big fan of turning my beloved :wh:'s into...

something they're not, never were, or ever will be.  :confusion-shrug:

Craig, as we use to say in the 60's, open you mind and let it run free :happy-hippy:.

Peace, Chris.

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

bc.gold
On 5/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, clueless said:

I want it :handgestures-thumbupright:. I would make that 2500 mile round trip for that.

Order your 8N kit and have it delivered.

https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=24715

Kit Turns Garden Tractor Into Mini-8N
34391_l.jpg

Don Knasel started converting garden tractors into mini-8N Fords as a way to help older tractor collectors get around tractor shows. Now he sells kits for conversion.
“I saw so many old guys who were having trouble getting around, but were too bullheaded to use a mobility unit,” recalls Knasel.

A Ford N-Series collector, it was only natural his solution was a kit that made a garden tractor look like a mini-8N.

He developed a fiberglass kit that he now sells to those who wish to do their own conversion. It consists of a single piece fiberglass hood that fits over most standard garden tractors. Simply remove the existing hood and use some 1-in. by 3/16-in. metal strapping to make a couple of brackets. The new fiberglass hood is reinforced at the bottom and uses two bolts to attach.

Kit includes hood, bumper, 12-volt working headlights, radiator cap, grille decals, hood script, Ford badge, and rear fenders with single rib and script. Sells for $625.
“The hood is intended to overlap the dash by an inch or two, but some customers have gone to the point of taking an old Ford N dash and downsizing it to fit,” says Knasel.

Knasel also converts step-through Kubotas to order. A standard one-seater goes for $1,800 with a two-seater priced at $2,500.
Contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Don Knasel, 11777 Tawawa-Maplewood Rd, Maplewood, Ohio 45340 (ph 937 489-8440; don@awesomehenry.com; www. awesome henry.com).

• Like 1

bc.gold

I have no affiliation with awesome Henry the manufacture of the 8N kit for garden tractors.

http://www.awesomehenry.com/gtkits/

Awesome Henry

Red Belly Lawn Tractor Fiberglass Kit

Awesome Henry - Fiberglass tractor KitsNeed a project to build with your son or daughter?

How 'bout your grandson or granddaughter?

Or maybe you'd simply like to let your tractor buddies know where your allegiance lies.

Owners have told us they have converted their lawn tractors so they could mow their lawns in style. Others have adapted the kits to spraying equipment and all sorts of imaginative and practical uses.

Other individuals who are up in years and suffering from disabilities have dressed-up their toys so getting around the tractor shows is less of a burden.

The uses are endless.

We Think Henry would be Proud...!

If you have any questions and wish to clear up any details, please phone Awesome Henry at
937-497-9447 during business hours (8 am to 5 pm daily). Please leave a message should we be out of the office and we'll return your call as soon as possible. Or send an e-mail to don@awesomehenry.com

©2005
MFG. BY
DON KNASEL INVESTMENTS
MAPLEWOOD, OHIO - 937-497- 9447
email: don@awesomehenry.com
dave@awesomehenry.com
www.awesomehenry.com
webmaster@awesomehenry.com

Edited by bcgold

Pullstart

Honestly, there are a lot of cool features on the tractor that went through the auction.... however, the cool factor is a bit lower to me knowing it’s a mass produced kit.  I think it’s a sweet tractor, but I had more appreciation when I thought the hood was a creation of the builder.