The Tuul Crib

When the wife calls and says!!

The Tuul Crib

OK guys how many times have you got a call from the wife and it starts out ...

Please dont be mad at me..  well I got that call yesterday only to tell me that she backed into the mailbox  while she was on the phone !!!  Nice new Honda now has a deep scratch in the back quarter panel. 

Well at least there was no other cars involved and hopefully the insurance doesn’t go up !  

0C745D78-EC50-4A0F-8016-3C4239F3CA42.jpeg

• Sad 9

Pullstart

Normally when my wife calls and says “I love you....” all sweet, I respond with “what do you want?”  All lovey doves too.  It’s nice she told you how to react, so you didn’t need to think about that!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 7

adsm08

Now there is one problem I don't have at all.

We got 4 vehicles, 3 of them aren't nice enough to worry about that kind of stuff with, and the 4th nobody drives but me.

The only call I dread getting from my wife is the one where her car won't start, or died on the road, because it means I have to go do a timing belt on the side of the road.

Edited by adsm08
  • Haha 1

squonk

Mine says: "Are you AAA approved? "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Or the ever popular:

“Oh...that little light on the dash board? Um...I don’t know...I think it’s been on for a month or so now... Why?...

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

:eusa-hand:

:hilarious:

and hopefully the insurance doesn’t go up !  

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:eusa-hand:

:hilarious:

and hopefully the insurance doesn’t go up !  

We can only hope!

AMC RULES

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:     :pray:

953 nut
10 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

hopefully the insurance doesn’t go up !

Take care of it yourself. Not only the insurance could go up, but it would show up on Carfax as being involved in a collision!

• Like 3

Herder

It must be a sturdy mailbox.  And yes I get those phone calls to and I try to keep her out of the truck because I am afraid of what she will get stuck beneath it.  :o   

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, Herder said:

It must be a sturdy mailbox.  And yes I get those phone calls to and I try to keep her out of the truck because I am afraid of what she will get stuck beneath it.  :o   

She knocked the box it self off of the stand 

a little straightening of the metal and good as new!

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

A couple weeks ago the water pump on our HHR died.... the wife pulled in the garage, shut  off the car and got out, but the fan kept running.... and running... so I asked “Car acting funny or is everything good?”

”oh! A light came one that said cooling mode, but I don’t know what that means.”

turn in the car, coolant was already registering 243 degrees. Glad I was standing in the garage when she pulled in 🙄😂

401 dollars later I have a new water pump. 

Id fix it myself and keep the insurance out of it, like 953 Nut said, it’ll register as a collision 

Edited by LengerichKA88
  • Like 1

Racinbob

My wife got rear ended on the 7th of this month. Since the other gal was at fault we are dealing with her insurance company. I had never heard of them but right from the get go they seemed terrible. Their MO is to send a guy out to tke pictures, they come up with a price and we are responsible to fine someone who will go it for that. Not happening. I took it to the Chevy dealer body shop and when I told them the name of the insurance company involved he just rolled his eyes. :disgust:

He also said that they've dealt with that company before and will take care of things. :)

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

953 nut

Years back my wife was hit by a red light runner, no injuries but the car was disabled. Our car and the car that hit her were covered by State Farm with the same insurance agent. It was two days before we were headed up to visit my mom and we were doing a little :wh: rustling on the way back. I told the insurance agent I needed something with four doors that could tow a light trailer,    :(  nothing you can rent can be used to tow! She made a couple of calls and smiled at me, "how about a F-250 crew cab long bed, will that work?" She said if we weren't with the same company it would have been an upgrade at extra cost.

:confusion-confused:            The moral of the story is if you are going to be involved in an accident be sure to be hit bu someone with the same insurance company!         :ychain:

• Haha 2

Sparky

My wife is pretty good behind the wheel. My college student daughter on the other hand :angry-banghead: . 

Almost made it thru the whole school year ...then I get the call from West Virginia like 4 days before she drives home for the summer. Umm dad, please don’t yell but I scraped my car against another car in my parking garage . 

Like out of state college bills aren’t enough 😡 now this. My insurance of course covered the other car.

So my daughter is alone in the parking garage and the other car was not occupied...so she leaves a note with her contact info. It was 3 days later before the young lady who’s car she hit calls my daughter. They exchange insurance info and my daughter apologized for it. Then I hear from my claims guy that the dad who owns the other girls car was pissed off and belligerent on the phone with my insurance guy. You would think that he would be happy that his daughter didn’t come out to her car with a scuffed up bumper skin to find NO NOTE? 

I was upset about the “minor accident” but proud of how she handled it. 

C18A2839-C71F-403D-8A99-2AC9C8254A2E.jpeg

D4F1953A-48EA-4479-954F-5A0BBAF15DB0.jpeg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:dunno:  Seems, all that yelling finally paid off.   :greetings-clapyellow: