Retired Wrencher

Is it just me or?

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, formariz said:

I  never told anyone before for the fear of being called an idiot, but I actually got up a few times from the couch while relaxing at around midnight and went to the shed just to look at them. I was asked when I came back in, sometimes an hour after where the heck did I go. Of course I did not tell the truth why I went there since that would probably would be the first immediate idiot.

So that is why our better half call a man cave. LOL.

Retired Wrencher
On 5/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, The Tool Crib said:

I cant agree more guys .These tractors 

are time capsules and very enjoyable 

to own . I just enjoy watching them 

run!! 

E7B2ACAE-4E85-4177-ADDF-F7A1DFEC7F04.MOV

Nice video Crib.

Retired Wrencher
10 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

Wish I could do that. I'd love to work on my WH all night when I get home from work, but between taking care of my 2 year old daughter and helping cook dinner etc, I dont have much time.

Luckily I get some weekend time to spend playing in the garage.

Though, I wouldnt trade anything for the time with my family. Just gotta enjoy the few hours I do get, when I get them.

Nick. Family comes first.

• Like 1

tunahead72
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Nice video Crib.

Really @The Tool Crib, how'd you do that? :handgestures-thumbupright:

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

Really @The Tool Crib, how'd you do that? :handgestures-thumbupright:

No camera tricks just good ole granny lo!

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

I find myself doing it too, lots of evenings and weekends are spent in my shop enjoying a good cup of coffee and a pipe, and just admiring the build quality of the Wheel Horse. I've owned a couple of Deeres and a Gilson built Montgomery Wards, but I always keep coming back to WH because of their simple yet reliable design, not to mention I think they are some of the best looking garden tractors out there. 

Once in a while, I even drag one or two of them outside so the neighbors and people passing by can enjoy them as well

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher
10 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I find myself doing it too, lots of evenings and weekends are spent in my shop enjoying a good cup of coffee and a pipe, and just admiring the build quality of the Wheel Horse. I've owned a couple of Deeres and a Gilson built Montgomery Wards, but I always keep coming back to WH because of their simple yet reliable design, not to mention I think they are some of the best looking garden tractors out there. 

Once in a while, I even drag one or two of them outside so the neighbors and people passing by can enjoy them as well

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

Very nice Bryce. I have to agree with your post. Enjoy.

71_Bronco

So I now know first hand what you guys are talking about. I mowed this weekend with my Commando 8, my first time mowing on a WH. Now, every time I go outside to walk my dog, I'm thinking "hmmm.... is the grass tall enough to cut yet???" Lol

The Commando has taken mowing from a chore and turned it into something I'm actually looking forward to doing.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 71_Bronco said:

taken lots of things from a chore and turned it into something I'm actually looking forward to doing

Seat time !!!

• Like 1

Jennifer

My husband had always wanted a real tombstone weight and we traveled a long ways from us to get one and we stayed that night at a motel he parked right by the room even then he would get up at the slightest sound and check on his new found treasures!!  With that said he ended up bring the weight inside the room!  😂. Sometimes I think he would be satisfied with that as his head stone in the future!!!!  The next morning I convinced him we needed to by another horse we saw the night before!  1958 RJ.  It didn’t take much work to convince him!  The horse bug is Contagious!!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Jennifer

Husband and I enjoy looking at them and letting the neighbors and other people that come to our small town see them so they’re displayed on the sidewalk all in a row!   Most with some sort of implement attached we’ve had people stop and admire them.  Some take pictures and even visit for a while !  There a great conversation piece and what’s the point of having them if you can’t look at them and enjoy them and show them off!  Thats just one side of the side walk lol!

0FC3C4AC-381F-439B-9811-D452BC75FC1A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Jennifer said:

The horse bug is Contagious

I got my first Horse almost three years ago.

When I found this amazing Redsquare site I was warned...

Fur covered horses are a herd animal... And for some reason so are paint covered horses.

We now have 4 up and running and 2 more projects in mind and parts enough to make at least one after that. 

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Husband and I enjoy looking at them and letting the neighbors and other people that come to our small town see them so they’re displayed on the sidewalk all in a row!   Most with some sort of implement attached we’ve had people stop and admire them.  Some take pictures and even visit for a while !  There a great conversation piece and what’s the point of having them if you can’t look at them and enjoy them and show them off!  Thats just one side of the side walk lol!

Jennifer thanks for the post. I like your story very much. I see I am not the only one.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I got my first Horse almost three years ago.

When I found this amazing Redsquare site I was warned...

Fur covered horses are a herd animal... And for some reason so are paint covered horses.

We now have 4 up and running and 2 more projects in mind and parts enough to make at least one after that. 

Eric sounds like good winter projects. Crank up the wood stove.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Eric sounds like good winter projects. Crank up the wood stove.

Hahahahahaha....

Oh.... You can just bet Trina will have the ol' Fisher Papa Bear slowly roasting...

• Like 1

ericj
7 hours ago, Jennifer said:

whats the story on the blue horse, inquiring minds got to know LOL

eric j

• Like 1

Jennifer
2 hours ago, ericj said:

whats the story on the blue horse, inquiring minds got to know LOL

eric j

My husband’s Father past away from esophagus cancer and that’s the color that represents that!  1961 is the year his Dad was born hint the reason for that tractor!   We have a dozer blade for the front all white saying dozing through cancer!  And a mower deck painted white!  

• Like 2

71_Bronco

Jennifer, sorry to hear about the loss, but what a great way to remember him by

• Thanks 1

ericj
6 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

Jennifer, sorry to hear about the loss, but what a great way to remember him by

:text-yeahthat:

eric j

Retired Wrencher
On 5/17/2019 at 9:56 PM, formariz said:

I  never told anyone before for the fear of being called an idiot, but I actually got up a few times from the couch while relaxing at around midnight and went to the shed just to look at them. I was asked when I came back in, sometimes an hour after where the heck did I go. Of course I did not tell the truth why I went there since that would probably would be the first immediate idiot.

Formariz: now that is funny. What we do to keep us happy!

• Like 1