Mudrig150

THAT mindset

Mudrig150

I hate the people who, when you post about, say, putting an onan in a tractor, are like: "Just sell that tractor and buy the version with an onan" when max you'd get from that tractor is 200$ and onan tractors sell for 1000+.

Also hate the people who comment on engine swaps like: "That's supposed to have ____ engine in it" Like they don't even read the post.

Or the people who comment on threads with opposed twins saying "Just v-twin swap. Easier, cheaper, better"

Argh, on every post.

• Sad 1

JAinVA

The above post by formariz is definitely worth reading.There is a lot of wisdom in his post.Try to let his words sink in.

• Like 7

Stepney

Every post you say? ..Can't say I've seen that. Now go and praise Lord and Savior, the Mighty Tecumseh.:P

Seriously though. A post like that is something I might expect out of one of the Facebook groups. Not here on Redsquare. I have a feeling that may be a good reason why so many have stayed here. Many forums and entire hobbies have gone to rot from simply too many like minded people. This is a big issue in my stationary engine hobby. Hobbies like these need open minded people, to keep these machines useful and working. In 20 years from now, re-powers will just be that much more common. My advice is to simmer down on the wording, and possibly consider WHY they say what they say.. 

• Like 4

953 nut
3 hours ago, Mudrig150 said:

I hate

Also hate

Or the people who

Tell us a bit about the things you like, we probably like them too.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Mudrig150

Hate is a strong word. It's more just annoyance because those kind of people provide literally nothing to the conversation, just pointing out the obvious and cluttering up everything. Just like me, I guess.

BUT,

I have one type of person we all call names under our breath:

Those people who, at an auction, don't check the dipstick before firing up a motor straight to full throttle.

Yesterday at an auction there was a B-80, no oil at all, they fired it up and went straight to full throttle for over a minute. I cringed so hard. I swear I felt the scoring on the cylinder wall.

Or the people who stand there, not bidding, like: "Oh, that's a rare tractor right there! It's worth a lot of money!" "That's worth a lot more than that, it has over 200$ worth of parts in it!"

formariz

You may not realize it now but someday you will understand that you cannot go around expecting everyone to act or think the way you do. That will only set you up in life for disappointments and aggravation. Some of those that annoy you may simply have different objectives or perspective on things. Be patient and tolerant of others and their different ways or thinking. They may also not have the knowledge on a certain subject that you may have.They may in fact have knowledge or experience in something you do not. Rather than criticize try to respectfully enlighten them if the opportunity arises. It is easy sometimes if we are knowledgeable or experienced on a certain subject to be a bit impetuous and arrogant about it with our opinions and suggestions.I too been guilty of that too many times. Listen to people before you get the urge to speak, for when you are trying to speak you are not listening.

I also was your age at one point and still remember some of the same way of thinking. Lucky for me I was always a young man surrounded by old men who showed patience and tolerance while cultivating the God given talents I had. Be mindful of that, for you may not be so lucky.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Lee1977

There is a lot to be learned from other members ideas. You don't have to agree with all of them. We all have different abilities and different amounts we can spend on our Wheel Horses. Thether it's a complete restore, or a Harbor Frieght 212 to keep a Wheel Horse running I'am all for it. 

There is also an old saying "If you can't say any thing good about something. Don't say anything!"  

• Like 3