Guest 88vic

Sugarcreek Ohio tractor show and parade

Guest 88vic

All loaded up ready for the Sugarcreek show and parade !  Im sure I wont be able to sleep tonight.  The Mowett Mustang not shown is in the back of the truck, its going too. 

20190510_182517.jpg

953 nut

:wwp:

• Heart 1

Guest 88vic

Most definitely, I cant wait to put up our Wheel Horse flag. It just came back from dry cleaning. Its massive !

Guest 88vic

This is my first year doing this, so I dont have any horses that are painted up and look pristine yet. Im taking my workers and running what I brought so to say. Im still proud of them and proud to show them. As they say, theres always next year. Im planning on a short frame-big block build since others on here are doing it, im hopping on that band wagon. 

Guest 88vic

Hint, 701 or ......1701 ?   We shall see. 

Herder
6 minutes ago, WHEELHORSEFAN3 said:

This is my first year doing this, so I dont have any horses that are painted up and look pristine yet. Im taking my workers and running what I brought so to say. Im still proud of them and proud to show them. As they say, theres always next year. Im planning on a short frame-big block build since others on here are doing it, im hopping on that band wagon. 

The best looking ones are the ones that work!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
6 minutes ago, WHEELHORSEFAN3 said:

I dont have any horses that are painted up and look pristine

If you can make it to the "Big Show" you will find that lots of us bring Wheel Horses that are wearing their work clothes!

• Like 2

Guest 88vic

I will definitely be at the big show. Hotel is already paid for !   Im even more excited about that trip !

Firebug

I’m planning on being there tomorrow. First year going. Bringing a couple to hopefully find new owners. I’m on the hunt for a few parts that hopefully I can find

Firebug

Had a great time at the show today, sold some parts, met a couple new friends and finally found the wheels I’ve been hunting for. Stopped by your tent and met a couple guys. Great group of people. It was my first show and swap meet so I wasn’t sure what to expect but I had a great time and my wife found it very relaxing. I guess I don’t have to say that won’t be my last event. Thanks to all who made me feel welcomed and didn’t realize they were. 

953 nut
47 minutes ago, Firebug said:

Had a great time at the show today,

:wwp:

Firebug

I don’t get a ton of pics but here’s a couple that caught my eye

32C0BE55-36EF-4B9D-9860-83A2F01B716F.jpeg

4C2F458A-237A-458F-AFD9-84BC61E746C0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Jennifer
13 hours ago, WHEELHORSEFAN3 said:

20190511_095027.jpg

Nice way to show tribute to our men and women of the armed services!!  Thanks all of you!

slim67
12 hours ago, Firebug said:

I don’t get a ton of pics but here’s a couple that caught my eye

32C0BE55-36EF-4B9D-9860-83A2F01B716F.jpeg

4C2F458A-237A-458F-AFD9-84BC61E746C0.jpeg

I was there to and this guy had an interesting story to tell about the "500" tractor. A nice day all in all.

slim67
On 5/10/2019 at 7:03 PM, WHEELHORSEFAN3 said:

All loaded up ready for the Sugarcreek show and parade !  Im sure I wont be able to sleep tonight.  The Mowett Mustang not shown is in the back of the truck, its going too. 

20190510_182517.jpg

I noticed you had a little 2 hp B&S in that Suburban when i walked by your tent. Hows it move that tractor?

Firebug

Was that the Indy 500 story?

slim67
1 hour ago, Firebug said:

The owner told me and a friend how he had it down to the speedway for an event and met bobby unser and some other drivers.  My friend knew more than I about the indy 500 and its history, so he could appreciate it more but to the gentleman who owned the tractor it was one of the best times in his life. There were 3 of those anniversary tractors at the show. 

slim67
1 hour ago, Firebug said:

did you have a tractor there? or just a spectator?

Guest 88vic

It doesnt like 3rd gear but it moves along ok.  That one wasnt mine, I borrowed it from a friend. My suburban is in pieces right now for paint. So I took his. He had it since he was a kid, he doesnt want to restore it, he wants to keep it just the way it is because thats how it was when he got it. I can respect that. He's a good guy. 

Firebug

I did gave 2 of them there, my c85 front end loader and the recently finished 314-8