JamesPolinski

GT-14 Sunstrand 90-2046 seals

JamesPolinski

I am looking for the seal that goes on the shaft for the forward/reverse lever on a 90-2046 pump. I cant make any numbers out on the old seal. It is the one that sits behind the shim and snap ring. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gt14rider

Look at sundstrand manual or instructional section has a few trans videos, aldon, and Dman have good post on pump rebuilds. Lj fluid power may have what you need 

Edited by gt14rider

pfrederi

Are you talking about #55 and #57??

gt14.JPG

JamesPolinski

I'm looking for #54

1556209475982-1204453377.jpg

daveoman1966

That seal isn't shown on schematic. 

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 2

pfrederi

:text-yeahthat:

Looks like some one got tired of the leaky two O ring sealing set up used on the original hydro gear and out in piston to piston seal.

• Haha 1

JamesPolinski

Thank you guys very much for all of the help! I'm going to get those seals and put my tractor back together! I'll be sure to post some pictures asap.

JamesPolinski

Update, I crossed the 474261 seals and came up with a Napa part number 27ss4203 and they are to big on the outside diameter for my pump, and the shaft on both ends on the pump I measured using my micrometer and the shaft is .75" the seals are about 5/8" Inside diameter. I think the seal size is about .75" ID, 1.00" OD and probably about .25" wide. When I go into work tomorrow ill try to match them up by dimensions. I haven't gotten the old seal out yet, but when I do ill get some more accurate measurements.

pfrederi

The piston to piston pumps used WH# 103461 for teh motion control shaft  That is a SKF 6763

EDIT:  I didn't realize the piston to piston and hydro gear pumps used different size shafts.  So the seal number Dave and I have will not work.  the Hydrogear didn't come with a seal it used 2 o rings Some PO figured out a substitute oil seal.

The dimensions of the O ring were a dash 116 ring   .737 ID .943 OD

side seal.JPG

o ring..JPG

Edited by pfrederi

gt14rider

This is the seal Aldon used on his gt14 restomod,             I ended up using the orings the seals were ordered but I got inpatient and used the orings. 

The orings for that are 

Dash# 116 and Dash# 026s 

Thay are # 52 and 55 in sundstrand manual.

20190429_163453.jpg

pfrederi

Capture.JPG

JamesPolinski

Yep, not a seal at all silly me. It was the roller bearing but being my first pump teardown, You don't know until you take it apart, I got some new needle bearings ordered and bought a kit of standard and metric O-rings hope to have it moving under its own power Thursday. I will keep you posted I appreciate everyone's time and input.

JamesPolinski

Update, I got my pump put together and reinstalled it to the reared and put it back under the GT14, I also found another good rearend, and it put it under my other one. The one is going to get the tiller when I get it torn apart and new bearings/seals installed, and the other one I'm hoping to find a mower deck for and all of the mounting brackets. Thank you guys for all of your help and resources!

JamesPolinski

0510191533.jpg

• Excellent 2