cod

carburator rebuild kit?

cod

Would anyone happen to know if you can purchase a carburetor rebuild kit for a Kohler  Magnum 18 engine on a 418A?

The tractor appears to be a model 31-18KE01 but I'm not finding a specific kit for that engine.

Thanks - Cod

Digger 66

Pretty sure you're going to need the #'(s) off of the engine itself .

• Like 1

pfrederi

2575702s  is a basic kit.  If you want a more extensive kit you will need to know what kind of carb you have ,.  Probably a Walbro Fixed jet but it may have been replaced or have a Kohler adjustable carb.

• Like 1

cod

Thanks Gents.  As always the ID tag has been partially painted/worn away but I could read the SPEC No. 24510 and the SERIAL No 1632407126.

I've been rooting around online but it appears that for Magnum 18, you can get about 4 gaskets and that's about it.  Of course that might actually be all I need to clean the carb up if I disassemble it.  If I just back out the adjusting screws and make sure they aren't gunked up, may not need to perform invasive surgery...

JCM

Back in August I Rebuilt my carb on the 417-8 and from what I remember I needed 2 Kohler kit's part#'s      25 757 02-s   &    25 757 11-s   Engine #KT17 QS  spec#24363  with a serial # of  1611200566   Hope this info helps.

• Like 1

cod

Went out and found the word Walbro on the carburetor and found a Sten's kit for it.  When it arrives, I've got a second carb that I can rehabilitate and when that's done I'll install it and replace all of the fuel lines too.

Thanks again!

• Like 1