Metal225

New Tractor

Metal225

well its not new but new to me i got a simplicity 937 tractor in really nice looking shape , But today i was testing out the mower part, and the tractor started moving  in different directions from front to back, Turns out the frame was welded at some point and has re-broken its self again no wonde5r i got it soo cheap 400 bucks 

56862432_10218456889403909_5095526320683614208_n.jpg

56569105_10218456837282606_657460365172408320_n.jpg

Edited by Metal225
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Stormin

Looks good. Pity about the frame. Re-welding and plating should sort it I hope?

wildman

Still a nice little rig

• Thanks 1

Achto
8 hours ago, Metal225 said:

, But today i was testing out the mower part, and the tractor started moving  in different directions from front to back,

Confused a bit.  The front axle should be welded solid to the frame. The rear trans axle, fenders, & seat should pivot side to side on this tractor. It is a strange feeling at first, but this is how it should work.

Is this what is going on??

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

charging10

beautiful tractor

• Heart 1

diesel cowboy
15 hours ago, Achto said:

Confused a bit.  The front axle should be welded solid to the frame. The rear trans axle, fenders, & seat should pivot side to side on this tractor. It is a strange feeling at first, but this is how it should work.

:text-yeahthat:  I had one of those once too and the first time I drove it around it started to twist under my legs and just about scared the crap out of me.  Thought I had broken the frame pulling it out of the brush and onto the trailer with the winch

WHNJ701

have to watch with the old simplicity tractors even if they look nice they could have expensive issues with the bevel gear box, transaxle and frame issues.  I had a nice 700 wonderboy once.

I looked at a few 725s but passed would like to find another one someday.

• Thanks 1

Metal225
19 hours ago, Achto said:

where it pivots is broken on one side and was welded solid at one point also heres some picks as i got it apart now

20190414_145941.jpg

20190414_145933.jpg

20190414_145901.jpg

20190414_145858.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

wildman

Looks like the 738 shares the same  frame sections.

diesel cowboy
4 hours ago, Metal225 said:

where it pivots is broken on one side and was welded solid at one point also heres some picks as i got it apart now

20190414_145941.jpg

20190414_145933.jpg

20190414_145901.jpg

20190414_145858.jpg

:jaw: Yikes.  Have to wonder sometimes what people did to break things like that.  I could be wrong but that doesn't appear to be a thin piece of metal to me

Sarge

That design is known to fracture over time from metal fatigue. I always wondered how many tons of force it took to stamp out that heavy frame section. They way they designed the thing there just isn't enough support for that type of joint. From what I understand, any type of rough terrain will eventually crack that area of the frame pivot. 

Sarge

Stormin

The welding doesn't look great either. Looks like it wasn't prep'd. I'd reweld it and add some reinforcing plates.

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

The welding doesn't look great either. Looks like it wasn't prep'd. I'd reweld it and add some reinforcing plates.

:text-yeahthat: take to a trusted welding shop.

Metal225
On 4/13/2019 at 9:59 PM, Achto said:

yes it is the part that is welded broke it was welded together once before from a break and now has broken again, well the new weld did not take  the 2 supports do not line up on is about 2 inches higher then the other the tractor now drives like a car with a bent frame, so i went to ebay and found a frame really close in looks but we when i transferred all the parts to the new frame the front was different no cut out and its a longer frame as well its going to take a while to fix it right, just wish i really had the time to put into it i have  500 into this now lol i dont wanna loose that much so ill make the time some how

WHNJ701

might be time cut your loss and part it all out.