Stepney

Old iron returns home

Sparky

I guess you need to pay close attention or you’ll get slapped in the face by one or those branches 😁 OUCH! 

• Like 2

wallfish

Please share more of your grandfather's reaction to seeing his old tractor come back to life.

Was he allowed to take it for a spin? :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Stepney
41 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Please share more of your grandfather's reaction to seeing his old tractor come back to life.

Was he allowed to take it for a spin? :ychain:

Haha, he was quite happy to see it going. He's had it since 1969 from what I know. When it died about 15 years ago now, he scrapped all the implements which was a real shame.. and sitting in the field did it no good either. But it's up and going now and he was quite happy to see it. Not much for WH around my area, so when it died he just couldn't get the parts. Never could reason with sending away the tractor, but away did go the plow, tiller, 48" mower, and some other things.. Ah well. The old 12 horse lost the wrist pin and gouged the cylinder really bad. Old thumper ran on like that for nearly 10 years. 1qt of oil per hour at half throttle. Still in the shed, and still running in fact.. but you couldn't see the yard through the smoke. 

• Like 4

ebinmaine

Great to see you putting that rig to use!

• Like 1

RetroMower

Wheelhorse made a magnificent machine and the good memories forged then and the ones thanks to your efforts are the real treasures. Great job helping your grandfather :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1

Herder
22 hours ago, Stepney said:

A C160 donor engine is in it now, and man what a thumper. 

Big Blocks Rule.  I too am guilty of using C-160's as donors for other projects.

20181110_125356.jpg.5093475003112044c622c09bc20518a9.jpg20181110_140536.jpg.e8d204ada4972c6affe14aa39b13dff9.jpg 

• Like 1