RetroMower

Upcoming big show insight

RetroMower

Hey all, with my new red tractor obsession that that this site helped cultivate, I plan on making the long 20 min journey to Biglerville in june. I understand its from the 20th - 22nd. Which is the best day to visit? Id come all 3 days but my darn job gets in the way. Id also love to know if many people bring running units for sale and do they sell a good number of them? I may be looking for one and/or sell one. I wish it was sooner to be honest :happy-bouncygreen:

• Like 1

roadapples

Friday, yes and yes....

• Like 2

953 nut
9 minutes ago, RetroMower said:

love to know if many people bring running units for sale and do they sell a good number of them? I may be looking for one and/or sell one.

If you want to sell one you could list it on the big show pre-sale thread, then you can concentrate on meeting people and enjoying the show. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

oldredrider

I could not begin to count the number of tractors I have bought and sold at the big show. If you're looking to buy one, it'll be there. Looking to sell? No problem!

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

rmaynard

The Wheel Horse show is officially Friday and Saturday, June 21 and 22. However, Thursday is set-up day and has become a third show day for many of us. If I were only able to attend on one day, it would have to be Friday. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

You will have the best selection of for sale items early Friday morning.     Use the Big Show buy/sell thread that is featured on the home page.    I have sold many items already  including 4 tractors and will be listing many more items including  3-4 more tractors.     Trying to get my herd under control, but just when I gain some ground, 3-4 more horses show up in the barn.

P4110252.JPG.ab3db292d750d7757de732bf5b6682dc.JPG

See what I mean.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1

RetroMower
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

You will have the best selection of for sale items early Friday morning.     Use the Big Show buy/sell thread that is featured on the home page.    I have sold many items already  including 4 tractors and will be listing many more items including  3-4 more tractors.     Trying to get my herd under control, but just when I gain some ground, 3-4 more horses show up in the barn.

P4110252.JPG.ab3db292d750d7757de732bf5b6682dc.JPG

See what I mean.

Hearing a lot of horses find new homes at the show is what I was hoping to hear. My gears are definitely turning. Im 100% going to the show but what I take with and bring home is a different matter. I would love to find a 70s C or B model in rough shape, much like the C141 fast88pu has listed, to build a cool custom out of. For the life of me couldnt do it to a machine in good shape :cry:

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

This is the biggest sell/buy/swap meet for wheel horse's in the world I think.

Its not a problem to sell or buy here.

IT A PROBLEM TO STOP BUYING.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Pullstart

I can control when to stop.  When the show is over and all the tractors leave me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

dells68
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I can control when to stop.  When the show is over and all the tractors leave me!

I’m starting to think Kevin is really part of the Garden Tractor Mafia.  Even if @WHX22 isn’t there, me might need to chain up our tractors to protect them from Kevin!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I’m starting to think Kevin is really part of the Garden Tractor Mafia.  Even if @WHX22 isn’t there, me might need to chain up our tractors to protect them from Kevin!!!

I’m a....  prospect?  Is that what you call a potential candidate?

• Haha 2

dells68

No doubt @pullstart!  I think I read you’re bringing Norman this year.  With a full size truck, you’re likely to load up 1/2 of all the tractors that come to the show!😂🤣😂

• Thanks 1

RetroMower

I have another question. What kind of turnout from the general public is expected? Im referring to average folk not aware of whcc or red square 

953 nut
22 minutes ago, RetroMower said:

I have another question. What kind of turnout from the general public is expected? Im referring to average folk not aware of whcc or red square 

Probably not too many. The fair grounds are far enough from town that you wouldn't stumble upon it by accident.