NRhode

No spark

NRhode

All right guys tell me what I did wrong here my mower at the start of  last year had an issue with the 30 amp fuse blowing out so I installed a new fuse block I could get it running for a while and then the start of the winter it’s stopped altogether so I replaced the nine pin connector as you guys recommended and since then I haven’t had any luck.  It could be because I wired something wrong but  since I redid that connector, the tail lights on the mower stay on all the time even with the key in the off position and when I turn the key nothing happens no crank nothing, notta. So I  spliced into the wire so I could get it to crank and run tempartly however while it is cranking I am getting no spark.  I am beyond, lost ready to get a new mower however it pains me to do so because I don’t want to get rid of it. I even took it to a mower repair shop and he had it for months and gave up. Please help 😩

also I forgot to mention I tried replacing the 3 relays and it didn’t change anything

F4BAE4C9-5510-4B3B-89D5-8FF7E8702CBC.jpeg

10EBB14E-3C77-4EF4-BF35-1D9B2189586E.jpeg

AC723A8B-CCEF-4C4A-B5DA-1E632CFE5FD8.jpeg

953 nut

Download this guide and find your year and model. The ignition system will be shown by itself so you don't have to look at any unrelated parts.

• Like 1

NRhode
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Download this guide and find your year and model. The ignition system will be shown by itself so you don't have to look at any unrelated parts.

So to the plug for the ignition switch I am getting 12 volts to the A or  accessory constant and 3 volts to the B or Battery, now if I’m correct the B should have 12 volts constant correct? Which would mean a short for the main power

wallfish
1 hour ago, NRhode said:

It could be because I wired something wrong but  since I redid that connector, the tail lights on the mower stay on all the time even with the key in the off position and when I turn the key nothing happens no crank nothing, notta.

It could be because I wired something wrong---

Use a multi-meter and the electrical diagram to test continuity ( symbol ->| The tone on the meter will ring if it detects continuity) for each and every wire from the connector halves to the location where it shows on the diagram.  Pull the connectors apart and tone each wire with the multi-meter until you find which ones are crossed, if any. I'm guessing you have 1 or more wires crossed.

• Like 2

lynnmor

Be aware that the wire color does not stay the same on all connections across the nine pin connector.  I have the colors here somewhere, I can look for it tomorrow if you need it.

• Like 1

953 nut
52 minutes ago, NRhode said:

Which would mean a short for the main power

A short would result in a blown fuse or a wire burning up.

Have you cleaned and tightened all electrical connections including grounds?

Remove the battery cables, look at the ignition drawing for your tractor and do a very methodical continuity test of each wire and component. All components are shown in their Off The Shelf condition. This means no pressure or voltage applied.

NRhode
51 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Be aware that the wire color does not stay the same on all connections across the nine pin connector.  I have the colors here somewhere, I can look for it tomorrow if you need it.

30 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

A short would result in a blown fuse or a wire burning up.

Have you cleaned and tightened all electrical connections including grounds?

Remove the battery cables, look at the ignition drawing for your tractor and do a very methodical continuity test of each wire and component. All components are shown in their Off The Shelf condition. This means no pressure or voltage applied.

I previously had a burned up connector in the 9-pin one I replaced, and if you could share the colors that would be great to double check my work

020699E9-B801-4498-A7E3-6D86489C45C8.jpeg

953 nut
38 minutes ago, NRhode said:

if you could share the colors that would be great

OPEN THE GUIDE WE PROVIDED FOR YOU!

The wire colors and order of the components is shown to help you find your problem. Asking questions that are covered in the guide is fruitless.

gwest_ca

1988-1989

1991-1997

Garry

lynnmor

OK, I found two odd colors on my 9 pin connectors.  All others are the same.

The white goes to a red for B+ on regulator.  Note that there are two reds.

The purple goes to a white for temp.  Note that the whites do not connect together.

Your system may not be like mine, but I saved two pairs of burned connectors for reference and they both are the same.

• Like 1