Sparky

New acquisition

ebinmaine

Nice conversion! That thing looks Factory.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

Nice!

Bring it to Zagray so I can check it out from the other side of the field. :ychain:

Sparky
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

Nice!

Bring it to Zagray so I can check it out from the other side of the field. :ychain:

You’ll need binoculars 😁

wallfish
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

You’ll need binoculars 😁

:ROTF:

You goin to Bernardston this year? Think it's Memorial Day weekend.

I'll look it up and post it

Sparky
5 minutes ago, wallfish said:

:ROTF:

You goin to Bernardston this year? Think it's Memorial Day weekend.

I'll look it up and post it

I’m hoping I can make it. I never committ tho, my business travel schedule always screws up anything I committ to. I do put in for vacation days like in January for the PA Wheel Horse show tho. Try to not let anything mess up that weekend. 

• Excellent 2

rjg854

That engine fits under the hood very nicely.  Like Eric said looks factory. 

• Like 1

Chris T

Really glad you are happy with it @Sparky and I’m glad it went to a good home! Looks great in your garage as well! Always a pleasure catching up too

• Like 2

Pullstart

Any plans to fit a tractor-stock gas tank?  The engine in my 656 I believe came from a snowblower or other piece of equipment and I’d like to fit a different tank to it.  

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Real nice, factory clean look. 

Glenn

• Like 1

stevebo

That motor fits in like it should have been there from the factory. Fills out the hood nice. Chris is a straight shooter and no BS. Nice cruiser for sure. 

• Like 3

Sparky
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Any plans to fit a tractor-stock gas tank?  The engine in my 656 I believe came from a snowblower or other piece of equipment and I’d like to fit a different tank to it.  

Nope. It has a nice big tank on it now.

I was looking at the space where the factory tank would have been and thinking what could I put there? Really don’t need to haul a tool kit with me.

The first mod will be to change the stack from chrome to black.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Nice looking tractor Mike. I sure it will serve you well. Garage looks like it is filling up maybe time to get rid of one. LOL.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Mike....

Snack storage goes there. I'm pretty sure.

Feel free to mail me the chrome stack.

:P

• Haha 3

Sparky
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Mike....

Snack storage goes there. I'm pretty sure.

Feel free to mail me the chrome stack.

:P

Eric...

By changing I mean I'll be scuffing the chrome and shooting it with hi-temp black paint :handgestures-thumbupright:.....so don't be sitting out by yer mailbox in an aluminum lawn chair waiting on the stack to arrive :lol: !

Snacks...hmmm, you might be onto something there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

E03BF1ED-8071-4A98-B08F-90CFF8B6D6A4.jpeg.bc780ece25e988fdf0afb5fecd447e31.jpg.dda4c236565cce8680310f1f37f9ac69.jpg

I'm thinkin with the room available either cook a Cornish game hen or a half rack of ribs! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Red Green is my hero

• Like 2

Herder
9 hours ago, squonk said:

E03BF1ED-8071-4A98-B08F-90CFF8B6D6A4.jpeg.bc780ece25e988fdf0afb5fecd447e31.jpg.dda4c236565cce8680310f1f37f9ac69.jpg

I'm thinkin with the room available either cook a Cornish game hen or a half rack of ribs! :)

That was really great, I miss that show.  And I love a nice magnum engine conversion too. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2

RetroMower

If you ever wanna sell this one gimmie a ring. Seriously its a good lookin machine. I know I want to soon restore one of my horses and preserve the patina of the other much the way your new toy looks like

• Like 2

Aldon

I love the clean look.

Glad I didn’t see one setup like this sooner. I’d have had to buy everything to drag out west with me.

That would be a nice cruiser if lowered too:-)

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:43 AM, Sparky said:

Eric...

By changing I mean I'll be scuffing the chrome and shooting it with hi-temp black paint :handgestures-thumbupright:.....

Don't mean to derail your thread but I have to ask---could you maybe detail/post a thread how you go about this, please? ....I have a pair of OLD sno throws with the old style chromed handlebars and am trying to figure out how to go about cleaning them up somehow (dunno if it's worth the expense to have them re-chromed). Do you think engine paint would hold up/be a good substitute? Thanks for listening :)

Want to add, where your tractor is concerned...I really like that engine on there; as others have said, looks factory! My Dad is really impressed with the Magnum, too (has both old/new style WH's)....thinks they are every bit as good and better in some ways, than the older style Kohler's. And that is saying something; he is very particular what it comes to such...

Sparky

I’m no paint expert. But all I’ll do here is rough up the chrome surface with fine sandpaper. The chrome will still be there but paint will adhere better to a tougher surface. Heavy grit will leave marks.

I’m using a hi-temp paint because the exhaust heat would burn off regular paint, but for snowblower handles I would think any spray paint would work. 

WHX??

Looks real nice Sparkeye :handgestures-thumbupright: would fit in nice with the rest of my '67s best I just come get it :lol:

On 4/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, Sparky said:

surprised me and delivered it 

Seems to me a tractor was delivered by you once to a certain show.... comes around goes around I guess! 

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Further look appears you could still stuff a factory gas tank under that hood... what would be cooler than a :wh: with dual tanks? :D We'll get 'Fish to do the plumbing! 

You know for those long cruises or in case you wanna take the Missus for a night out on it or a road trip?  :hilarious:

Edited by WHX22
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

Speaking of road trips...bring that little dude out to J&C PD IV and hook Jim’s 8” on there and you’ll have fun for hours!  So glad that tractor delivery karma came back around to you :thumbs: What a sweet little tractor and I too am a big fan of M-series Kohler’s.  I think we have about 4 or 5 of them around here right now...I’m looking for the right one currently to put in Zach’s Blackbeard...

• Like 2