Wheelhorse*

520h wheelhorse no power @ blue wire to starter

Wheelhorse*

1994/5 520h is not getting power to the blue wire at the starter. When a wire is hooked from battery directly it will roll over. The seat switch, PTO and Netural Switch  are working. None of the gauges are working. Help 

Thanks for the 9pin connector tip!   Located under battery tray atop three relays. Repaired two corroded wires works great.

Edited by Wheelhorse*

lynnmor

Download the demystification guide here: https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/10-demystification-guide-1985-2001-492-4509pdf/

Relays, relay sockets, ignition switch, connectors and other things can cause your problems.  Using the guide, you can break down each circuit and check one at a time.  Be aware that the guide does have a few mistakes in it.

troutbum70

Not familiar with that tractor but I would check ignition switch and wiring from switch. Is there a safety switch on the speed control/brake? You say your other safety switch's are showing continuity apparently, but are they allowing proper voltage through each? 

squonk

9 pin connector!!! 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Another thing to check is the nuetral safety switch under the steering wheel on my '95 the actuator tang had broken off, the switch was techinally good just wasn't being made... 1st pic ...2cd new switch...

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG2141.jpg

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:  All the above suggestions are valid.  I would also check your fuses, sounds like one of them may be blown. This was an issue on my 520, left me with no dash lights or starter.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Another thing to check is the nuetral safety switch under the steering wheel on my '95 the actuator tang had broken off, the switch was techinally good just wasn't being made... 1st pic ...2cd new switch...

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG2141.jpg

Notice the BLUE wire going into the switch :confusion-confused:... When I bought this tractor used the P.O. had already installed a bypass wire from ignition switch to the starter solenoid until I track it down with help from the demystification guide and having a 2cd (no issues) 520H to look at.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

The Demystification Guide is over 500 pages.

Here are the 8 pages you need. Click on the picture.

Garry

Chuck14025

Can anyone tell me where to find the 'Starter Relay' on a 1994 520H?

gwest_ca

Sorry you did not get an answer and I don't know which one it is but may be able to help you find it.

All 3 relays are the same 116397 part number.

The start relay has a light blue, a dark blue, a purple and a black wire going to it.

If you see an orange, yellow, tan or green it is not the start relay.

Garry

Chuck14025

Thank you Garry. I'm still working on it.