12 hp Kohler

Big haul coming Thursday evening

Pullstart

Have fun and be safe, though A racing friend always says “Drive fast and take chances!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Achto

That RJ looks absolutely cool !!! I'd put a good running engine in it & try to leave the rest of it as it is. Can't wait to see the rest of the haul.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Hope the trans on that RJ isn’t seized up

after sitting out side!

safe and happy ventures

• Like 1

Super-C 4 me
38 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

Going to pick up a load of horses Thursday evening. D160, rj, suburban and c141. Will post pictures when I get them. I’m gonna try an get them all in one load so I am gonna have to use some of @pullstart loading skills. I think I can fit three in the truck and put the d160 on the trailer. Here is a little preview, that’s all you guys get for now :ph34r: unless you just happen to find ad for them :lol:EEA547AC-1198-475A-A8B5-3AE53489039E.jpeg.281ef63e8486bea3ccb25ff3b4d959ab.jpeg

I can't seem to beat any of you guys to these things(RJ's)

Missed this one by a day also

Ed Kennell

Send me the address  Robbie.        I could get them all on my trailer this morning.       :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hp Kohler
54 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Send me the address  Robbie.        I could get them all on my trailer this morning.       :ph34r:

Classified information Ed :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tractor boy
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Have fun and be safe, though A racing friend always says “Drive fast and take chances!”

Or as my friend says, drop a gear and disappear!

• Like 4

953 nut
4 hours ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

D160, rj, suburban and c141

:text-coolphotos:        Happy belated Birthday present from you to you!       :hbd:

• Like 1

Tractor boy
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:        Happy belated Birthday present from you to you!       :hbd:

My birthday is next week if y’all want to ship some horses my way.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lee1977
4 hours ago, Achto said:

That RJ looks absolutely cool !!! I'd put a good running engine in it & try to leave the rest of it as it is. Can't wait to see the rest of the haul.

That Green has to go.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

12 hp Kohler

Not getting them now, someone offered the guy $500 for the d160 rj and burb and I was supposed to get them all for $400. He said he would hold them for me but he didn’t keep his word. I would consider buying the three for $500 but I am not gonna give someone my money that was gonna sell them out from under me. People these days :mellow:

• Sad 6

kasey54

man that hurts. Sorry for your misfortune.

Pullstart

What a bummer.  The silver lining, is that you found out they were gone BEFORE you got there.  

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Herder

O CRAP!! that sinks.

12 hp Kohler
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

What a bummer.  The silver lining, is that you found out they were gone BEFORE you got there.  

Yeah, I wasn’t gonna call but I figured it would be a good idea before making a two out drive. I am extremely disappointed, but I guess it is what it is. 

• Sad 2

Ed Kennell

See the source image

Just spit out the bad chocolates  Robbie.    There are plenty of good ones in box.        

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

12 hp Kohler

I have been thinking about it and I might still try to work out a deal with him. As disappointed as I am and angry I still would really like to have these tractors. I will see what happens. 

• Like 1

ZXT

As much as it seems a bad move on the seller's part, after having dealt with so many flakes when selling stuff over the internet, I'm almost the same way. I've sold things in the past to people who've said "I'll be back with cash tomorrow!" and set up a time, to never hear from that person again. Unless someone leaves a deposit, if someone else shows up with cash first it's theirs. 

I've had stuff sold out from under me like that before and I've learned to bring a trailer and cash any time I'm going to look at something, instead of having to go back. Bringing the means to haul something is a huge bargaining-ship, since the seller will know you're serious. 

I'd go ahead and get the others.  

• Like 2

bellevillerod

If you want the rj an suburban you can have them for 375.00.....:ychain:

• Confused 3

Blackhood Bill

I think I would keep the name and number just in case ya never know. 

12 hp Kohler
3 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

I think I would keep the name and number just in case ya never know. 

If i decide I am still gonna get them I would have to get them tomorrow evening. He said there is a guy coming Saturday and if I still want them I have to get them before then. 

52 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

If you want the rj an suburban you can have them for 375.00.....:ychain:

??

midpack

I'll probably get flamed for this, but the only time I'll wait for someone to show is when nobody else calls. seriously, people will say they coming...

If I see a sweet deal, I make sure i get there immediately

now, if you approach this with the right attitude, you could leverage getting shafted for a better deal on the others ;) 

• Like 3

12 hp Kohler

The guy wants $500 for the rj burb and d.The highest I would feel comfortable is $500 for all 4. I don’t know the condition of any of them. They could all have seized transmissions and and blown engines for all i know. How much do you guys think the rj is worth as it sits ? The rj is what I want the most and the one I would be willing to pay the most for, as long as I know it’s worth what I would be paying for it. 

Edited by 12 hp Kohler

Pullstart

Heading to the big show last year gave me a new perspective on what things will sell for.  Around here, it’s $100-150 more than asking price for non running tractors.  For more modern models, it’s $400-500 more.  I see non running Suburbans priced around $300 locally but have hopes to see a bigger pool in June with easier price tags to work with.

That rambling said, a tractor is worth what two people are willing to settle on.  I think there’s a chance that every tractor I bought at the show put a little cash in the seller’s pocket, but I felt like they were good deals for both parties.  After all, most of us will never get rich in this hobby alone but to me it’s worth it! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2