playing in the dirt today

Pullstart

That 520 sure is earning it’s keep!

• Like 1

Ralph S

The front end needs some weight so I can steer the thing. 😆

• Like 1

WHX??

You get some cutters for the ends of them axle stubs you be like them chariots on Ben Hur!

• Haha 3

Ralph S
53 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

You get some cutters for the ends of them axle stubs you be like them chariots on Ben Hur!

I added 40 more pounds then trimmed them. LOL That was what I was thinking it looked like too.

Edited by Ralph S

WHX??

You could take out a few of the green & yellow thingys !

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, Ralph S said:

The front end needs some weight so I can steer the thing. 😆

IMAG3375.jpg

IMAG3374.jpg

IMAG3377.jpg

• Excellent 1

Ralph S
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

IMAG3375.jpg

IMAG3374.jpg

IMAG3377.jpg

Do you have steering assist and how much weight do you have on the front ?

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, Ralph S said:

Do you have steering assist and how much weight do you have on the front ?

Standard 520H with swept forward front axle has the "gear reduction" steering that an HC doesn't have, and approximately 127-130# (42# each weight plus my hanger/bumper.

IMAG1943.jpg

• Like 1

Ralph S
9 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Standard 520H with swept forward front axle has the "gear reduction" steering that an HC doesn't have, and approximately 127-130# (42# each weight plus my hanger/bumper.

IMAG1943.jpg

Cool ! Thanks !

• Like 1

WHX??

Not to be Debby Downer here Ralph but a 520 doesn't make a primo plowin tractor. I mean it will work but a gear jammer is the best choice.

BTW you get a pant leg caught in that open belt don't say you weren't warned. Don't ask me how I know. 

ericj

i also use a 520-H with a 12" plow, I love the hydro lift for the moldboard plow.

eric j 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, WHX22 said:

Not to be Debby Downer here Ralph but a 520 doesn't make a primo plowin tractor. I mean it will work but a gear jammer is the best choice.

Depends who's got the reins and how much shoulder you want to strain :confusion-scratchheadblue:.

Ralph S
9 hours ago, WHX22 said:

BTW you get a pant leg caught in that open belt don't say you weren't warned. Don't ask me how I know. 

Im new to this sort of thing but I kindof like the hydro lift. If i can somehow get the speed controller to stay put and the throttle tostay put, I think it works just fine. I agree with gear jammers have the advantage of constant speed, but I'm working with what I have. LOL

Ralph S
1 minute ago, Ralph S said:

Im new to this sort of thing but I kindof like the hydro lift. If i can somehow get the speed controller to stay put and the throttle tostay put, I think it works just fine. I agree with gear jammers have the advantage of constant speed, but I'm working with what I have. LOL

If I blow the pump out I can always transplant an 8 speed into the beast.

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
35 minutes ago, Ralph S said:

Throttle fix...take out battery and squeeze the rivet as much as you can with vise grips if this doesn't work remove throttle from dash drill out rivet and use a bolt with friction/fender washers and an elastic nut many threads/posts on here about that... Speed lever fix a little more effort under seat pan you'll see a cam (gold in pic)  this needs removed cleaned sanded flat along with the large washer(center holding it to the trans) and reinstalled NO wet lube(pic b4 I cleaned it up) only graphite powder and tighten down to where it actually is a bit harder to move but using the brake pedal will still bring it back to neutral...if you haven't done so please download the operator's manual and demystification guide to help with troubleshooting maintance and repairs. I have had a 520H since 1998 it will hold it's own against any of the gear jammers, I prefer hydraulic lift vs strain my extremities just my opinion and experiences.

IMAG2022.jpg

• Excellent 1

Ralph S
3 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Throttle fix...take out battery and squeeze the rivet as much as you can with vise grips if this doesn't work remove throttle from dash drill out rivet and use a bolt with friction/fender washers and an elastic nut many threads/posts on here about that... Speed lever fix a little more effort under seat pan you'll see a cam (gold in pic)  this needs removed cleaned sanded flat along with the large washer(center holding it to the trans) and reinstalled NO wet lube(pic b4 I cleaned it up) only graphite powder and tighten down to where it actually is a bit harder to move but using the brake pedal will still bring it back to neutral...if you haven't done so please download the operator's manual and demystification guide to help with troubleshooting maintance and repairs. I have had a 520H since 1998 it will hold it's own against any of the gear jammers, I prefer hydraulic lift vs strain my extremities just my opinion and experiences.

IMAG2022.jpg

I figured on peening the rivit on the throttle to fix its problem and I like the fix with the motion controller too. Thanks !

Edited by Ralph S
spelling
  • Like 1