Aldon

Go west ....

953 nut

Safe travels my friend.  :pray:    We will miss you at the Big Show this year but hope to continue sharing your new adventures on here.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

stevebo

You have the truck and trailer to make the trip that is for sure. Drive safe pal. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Have you checked the miles from Idaho to Arendtsville 😁.....might be do-able .

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
21 minutes ago, stevebo said:

You have the truck and trailer to make the trip that is for sure. Drive safe pal. 

:) And you passed up a ride in the "Big Hoss" last year. I almost broke my leg piling out of that thing. :lol:

Good luck Aldon. Keep a close eye on your Smokey the Bear hat. You'll need it out on the range and yes you prolly will quadruple the Wheel Horse population out there.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Aldon

Thanks gentlemen for putting up with me for the past few years. You guys is good people!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

Godspeed and good luck Aldon. Make it a safe trip & since they probably have Internet out ther hope to see you back here. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib
11 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Godspeed and good luck Aldon. Make it a safe trip & since they probably have Internet out ther hope to see you back here. :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

squonk

Couldn't resist an "umbrella" shot! :occasion-xmas:

2008_0805STEVE50044.thumb.JPG.42415c5482d866c61e7678b6e5eff957.jpg.145004707ed0a09334e9c3811735a7b2.jpg

• Haha 5

ebinmaine

Safe travels my friend.

Hope all goes well and we hear from you soon.

• Like 1

WHX??

Lol Mike ... if I recollect right we had a caption this about the dam thing not starting! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH

May need to add / fab a :wh: potato cultivator...

Safe trip.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Aldon

Hey now!

hahahahha

that was same year I had the Smokey hat everybody wanted. 

Still not not as good as Steve on a Stick though!

• Haha 2

WHX??

Pics of You digging  Idaho baking taters with a :wh: might top that Aldon! :lol:

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Have a safe trip and hope you like living out west.

• Thanks 1

squonk
34 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Hey now!

hahahahha

that was same year I had the Smokey hat everybody wanted. 

Still not not as good as Steve on a Stick though!

I was looking for the Smokey pic but couldn't find it. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Shynon

Have a safe trip Aldon. :auto-layrubber:

• Thanks 1

dclarke

Safe travels Aldon.  That's one nice truck/trailer combo you have. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Aldon
49 minutes ago, dclarke said:

Safe travels Aldon.  That's one nice truck/trailer combo you have. 

Thanks. I did a thread on the forum when I got them. I’m interested to see how well the trailer does on this long distance trip. I installed a second level using the etrack along the sides but with the tractors I was already approaching max so I did not end up using it for more more than a few boxes.

• Like 1

mmmmmdonuts

Safe travels and godspeed Aldon. Definitely a pleasure meeting you. 

• Like 1

swisstrac

bon voyage  Aldon and  give my very kind hello to the Joseph Smith  Tribe//  we will miss you very much  In the East.. B.  rgds  ray

• Like 1

Aldon

I started this thread with the intention of a follow up once I’m settled somewhere in idaho. As I have not yet sold the home we are vacating we will be in temp housing for a while. As such follow up may be a while out.

pfrederi

Safe Journey!!!

• Like 1

ztnoo

Well Dr. Trimble, its good to hear you FINALLY have some certainty to your life now. I know the job thing and the possible transfer has been dangling around for quite some time leaving your personal life in a limbo. I'm sure you are relieved to a last know what you are going to do, rather that being left in the lurch for months on end. Personally the uncertainty you have been through would drive me nuts, but I was self employed a large portion of my working life, so didn't have to deal with the horse hockey one often has to endure working for years for large domestic companies or multi-national entities.

I thought the house sale was an element in the equation of the move originally, but I guess maybe that has changed and the move isn't contingent on the sale of your home. I do wish for you a quick turnaround on that asset. That's kind of a limbo of its own I'm sure would would prefer to minimize in as short of time frame as possible. Will your company step up to assume it after a certain period of time if it doesn't sell, or are you left to the variables and whims of the local real estate market to deal with on your own?

It should be an interesting time of year to travel roughly 3/4s of the way across the US. Spring will be in the air, it will be warming, and there will begin to be lots of activity in the agricultural sector to observe and marvel at as you travel west. Of course, this time of year still can be a little touch and go with the weather, referring to the occasional plains blizzards and whiteouts, and the ongoing battles between cold fronts and warm fronts which create tornado conditions. You can take a big mental break from work, and focus on safety, relaxing, and soaking up the wonder of physical world of the United States.

Of course, we RS members would enjoy any updates you are able to offer along the way, or after the fact. It might be a great opportunity to create a little travelog of your journey as you progress westward.

"Go West, young man, go West."

Wishing you and your wife all the best and a safe journey.

Regards,

Steve

P.S. Your C160 sure is a beauty!  1607593171_blue-thumbs-up-mdat25.png.41d4d4e51b820f149e833ca90cc3714e.png

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Aldon, you are welcome to stop in here as you go by.  I figure you will be taking Intr #90.  Live in Elgin, just after you go around Chicago.  Might be time for dinner and a shot of Jack.  :orcs-cheers:  I'm only a few blocks off the toll way.  Let me know.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2