bizon

From belgium !

bizon

Hi!  At first i must excus me for not represent myself directly.

but it has a reason, i had 2 wheel horses c125   When i discovered your site ..  than sold them an didnt expect to buy another..  til a few weeks ago  i found a 416-8in pretty good shape   They really are hard to find here and  price is about  double as in the us i guess 😁

for the rest  i am 30y i work as a trickdriver/mechanic  and like to spend my tile building things or in the woods..

The plan with the wheelhorse is to  use it for my yard  and to pull things..  also i have wached many mudmower movies and that inspires me , so i want to make a mud tractor    A combination of a mudmower and a still usefull  and lovely tool 

here are some pics       I have allready maked a tractor exhaust from a ( obviously) american harley, changed the tires and  repainted the hhood and added soms underhoods extras 😇

@the moderators for the rest of the mower do i need to put it here or is there another subforum to share my pics and..? 

C95624AA-E2E5-4C40-AC20-F5A1D464B492.jpeg

870E577D-B8EF-4B79-918E-043E3A010C75.jpeg

CA97DBA1-E8AA-4B37-B969-270DD5C62981.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Achto

:WRS: The tractor looks great!!  If you have any questions, we like to help people out with their projects.

953 nut
2 hours ago, bizon said:

i have wached many mudmower movies and that inspires me , so i want to make a mud tractor

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                  Don't think I have ever seen "Mudmower" in action but it sounds like fun.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

bizon

thnx for the warm welcoming here !  

@953 nut mudmowers are lawnmowers transformed to a tractor/quad 

here is a youtube vid. You may like or turns you mad 😁  is is a w(eelhorse mudmower 

My horse will stay pretty original althougs i am thinking to buils a front axle with brakes  to go downhill  and make larger wheels to put 26-12-12 on it

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, bizon said:

mudmowers are lawnmowers transformed to a tractor/quad 

here is a youtube vid. You may like or turns you mad 😁  is is a w(eelhorse mudmower

Looks like fun. We have some British members that have used ATV front axles to make theirs into a four wheel drive.

:text-coolphotos:         The last frame of the video explains a lot,   Miller Lite and Vodka signs in the background!        :confusion-confused:

• Haha 2

rjg854

:WRS:  can't wait to see what you come up with, these types of threads are always so interesting:banana-gotpics:

• Like 1

bizon

It will take some time   It is not really a project more a work tool  where i gently add some mods  hehe    Now i am searching for some other pulleys  but i want it all as original as possible,  other pulleys to go a bit faster but the original vbelt..  and the original parts i took off can all be remaked.    If you se eon the pic  i have a heavy steel batterycase to add more front wheigt  and the original place of the battery is now a toolbox      On the rear i am planning to make a lift of something but that i dont know yet.  I also dont know how moch weight the axle may handle. 

@953nut do you know wich members that are or where i can find the topics?  

meadowfield

welcome to the group - glad to see you having fun!

• Like 1

bizon

Update time !  

I finaly f8nished the hood   And  changes the lights into 2 leds  

i also welded a support for opening the hood and to put 2lights on ..

yesterday i found some atv tires for the front  maybe a little overrated but i must try..  just because 

For those who wonder  they are 21*11-8   Large balloon tires so they will float on water and mud ..  i hope

9CBFC132-14B3-469C-AE16-6FF4A8470BA7.jpeg

6412F014-7B17-49AE-82F0-9E6E65FC13DA.jpeg

7EC40572-B2ED-4C14-9BD5-04261BE53808.jpeg

6BC094D7-9A08-42BF-96DD-D4C19CC1C930.jpeg

3AD88887-32B6-4377-838C-F23159749587.jpeg

Edited by bizon
  • Like 1

meadowfield

I think the original engine pulley is around 4" and the transmission pulley 6".

To keep the belt the same length you will need to either put 4" on the rear and 6" on the front - or swap both to 5". Either way increasing the front pulley will mean the belt guard fouls on the engine pulley

My 4WD C-101 has a 4" pulley on the rear and original belt - however I dropped the transmission 40mm in order to fit the bigger tyres.

c4_2.jpg.5bcaee1c3845f3fc3050f26ee6058810.jpg

Edited by meadowfield
  • Heart 1

bizon

That 4*4 is really nice done ! Ive seen him on youtube also and it inspired me  🤭

how does it drive with the rear 4" pulley?  Swap the both will be a bit overkill  i think but i can do something with the rear axles as well..    wich tiresizes do you have?

Maxwell-8

Welkom Limburger! vanwaar bent u? Ik van Alken

Hello, I am new here, also from Belgium: bought two in one week, knowing i was searching WH for years, just nothing pop-up online.  Everybody i know thinks i bought junk. They rather want a new chinese made mower. My Raider 10 is made in Oevel Belgium, it have to keep it running.

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

Nice looking tractors @Maxwell-8  either of those 2 tractors will still be running long after, those Chinese tractors have been scrapped.  Again, :WRS:.  Why was owning a Wheel Horse so important to you?

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Maxwell-8
12 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Nice looking tractors @Maxwell-8  either of those 2 tractors will still be running long after, those Chinese tractors have been scrapped.  Again, :WRS:.  Why was owning a Wheel Horse so important to you?

Tanks big time ! They will for sure and made by our own people. Crazy important my cousin had bought a brand ,new chinese atv, but he is younger then me, and i always wanted a ATV. But they are way to expensive out here. So i bought some USA made mowers one from the '70 and a '80. the chinese atv is already broken beyond repair from just driving on a lawn. My mowers are still going even with some serious mudding. But i wanted an upgrade. something a bit stronger, stronger build cause Tecumseh trannys are not the strongest either. Something i can  depend on. And seeing all the cheap crap around me. i found out that Wheel Horse are strong, cast iron everywhere. Made in the USA en Belgium. I couldn't find any online, so i put up an search ad. finally i had a results, one week later i own two WH's and i am already addicted to them hihihihihi.I bought them as a Christmas present for myself. We have a big property to maintain, big for Belgium, small for USA standards. and we did do a lot whit 4x4's but WH's are more suitable. So glad i picked them up, they give m sucj a christmas feeling know

Edited by Maxwell-8
adding
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

you're right there, nothing like old iron ;) that keeps on giving.  Many of the parts can be bought at any good hardware store.

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
24 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

you're right there, nothing like old iron ;) that keeps on giving.  Many of the parts can be bought at any good hardware store.

That's true, that was a reason for buying a wheelhorse, you can keep them going even if there are no WH parts available.