Southkraut

Rear hitch compatibility

Southkraut

Was looking to buy rear hitch assembly on eBay don’t know what is comparable with my ‘84 c125. They all look the same. Is there much of any difference through the models? 

D9A20E71-D01C-4C65-9BFC-776A8CBA785C.png

E0F0847C-7AFC-4544-A8DF-FDAA2F9591E8.png

oliver2-44

That should work for your C series tractor. When you install it clean the pin and hole good and swap some never sieze on the inside of the hole and pin.  Someday you may want to remove it and thoses pins like to rust seize in the hole.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

roadapples

Price seems high for one of those...

ol550

Looks bent to me.:confusion-confused:

• Like 1

Southkraut

Thank you so much. I have a rear tiller so I won’t be leaving it on all the time. I’m a believer in lube. Most everything I own gets hosed down on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

Southkraut

I thought the price was ok with the pin included. I’m in South Carolina not as many of these around as back home up north. Just acquired the tractor a few weeks ago am dying to break some ground with it. 

D72B653F-F5A0-441E-ADC4-60B61F8FF3FC.jpeg

• Like 6

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, roadapples said:

Price seems high for one of those...

That’s fleabay for ya ! I would look some more.

• Like 1

Southkraut

I will look around. Thanks. 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
17 minutes ago, Southkraut said:

I will look around. Thanks. 

Btw :text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

• Like 1

squonk

Free shipping. Price seems fair to me

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

It also says or best offer....

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, ol550 said:

Looks bent to me.:confusion-confused:

They are all bent somewhat...top 520 bottom 312

15542372210752556967064108077065.jpg

15542372822437855673420224496572.jpg

• Like 2

Southkraut

I just came across a plow and cultivators for 150. Going to look at next week not sure if good deal looks ok. I would have everything except a blade if I got these. Have tiller and deck. So ready to get in the dirt. 

3D0280A4-9B4B-4528-AFD6-AD2AF889D320.png

A28EE4E6-26E4-4FDD-816B-3C5495E3A885.png

1EFBB726-D1FD-4875-B1A0-933760F4425D.png

• Like 2

daveoman1966
7 hours ago, Southkraut said:

Was looking to buy rear hitch assembly on eBay don’t know what is comparable with my ‘84 c125. They all look the same. Is there much of any difference through the models? 

D9A20E71-D01C-4C65-9BFC-776A8CBA785C.png

E0F0847C-7AFC-4544-A8DF-FDAA2F9591E8.png

This hitch is BENT...  no question about it.  The 'U' section is out of shape.  SOME of these 'U' shapes are 1/4" steel...others are 3/8" and MUCH STRONGER.  

• Like 2

squonk

That mid cultivator looks really bent. Might be an illusion. Look at my cultivator I have in the Big Show sale thread for comparison.

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
4 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

This hitch is BENT

I thought maybe it was just the pic? Not impossible for someone to have jackknifed it tho??

When you need stuff like this Kraut put an ad in the classified wanted section, never know who has what lying around.

• Like 1

squonk

You can retweak a hitch and it would be fine. You're not going to be pulling a 35 ft travel trailer up a mountain with it. I got a bent one. Tweaked it back and it's fine

• Like 2

daveoman1966

I'm just sayin' that....the older Drawbar hitches from Charger, Raider, C-120 C-160 up thru about 1977 or 78 were made of MUCH heavier gauge steel in the 'U' shape of the hitch.   

• Like 4

Southkraut

I just came across a plow and cultivators for 150. Going to look at next week not sure if good deal looks ok. I would have everything except a blade if I got these. Have tiller and deck. So ready to get in the dirt. 

Southkraut

Thanks for all the great advise. I’m just starting to learn about the wheel horse goodies. I’m excited to have one. 

• Like 5

WHX??
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I got a bent one. 

Got that right.. everything you got is bent! :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
17 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Got that right.. everything you got is bent! :ychain:

I prefer " twisted" :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

clueless

The plow and the Cultivator won't work well with the drawbar hitch your looking at. You really need to be looking for a Brinly/ clevis hitch or a slot hitch. I have all three with a 3/4 inch removable pin, easy to remove and change when needing to different implements. You can probably find all three in the classified/ wanted section here, for under $125.00. Like Dave said pre 1977 drawbar hitches are better.

Also welcome, always good to get another southern member here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

My drawbar/pin hitch stays on even with the clevis hitch only time it comes off is for the tiller.

IMAG4136.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

Slot hitch for the cultivator. Silver tow bar is in it.

upgrades_006.thumb.JPG.5b3f7d49b7590772b6112b75e83d6be7.jpg.e7e4d9762e1c8443056adba8ae9990de.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1