wigglinpins

512 Diesel located Help !!!!!

wigglinpins

Can anyone tell me anything about the 512 wheel horse tractor.  I have located a 512 but it looks rough, however I think it's all there.  I do not know if it's in running condition until I have a look at it.

What is it worth if I decide to buy it ???  It has the original diesel engine but condition is again unknown.   There are attachments that come along with it that I am interested in, more so than the tractor.

Any advise you can offer is greatly appreciated.  I know what the attachments are worth to me but I'm not sure if I want the tractor at this point in time.

ericj

if I found a 512 diesel I would be all over it, if I could afford it. Did you mean a 512, which was an European model or do you mean a 523DXI. Never heard of a 512 in the US of A. Price would depend on condition and if it ran or not. The 523DXI's command a decent price tag becuase they only made 500 or something like that for a few years. pictures would really help us determine a reasonable price. If it really is a 512 it could be worth a lot over on this side of the pond. good luck

eric j

• Like 1

wh500special

There are a few of them out there on this side of the Atlantic.  The last one I recall seeing for sale was in Minneapolis at least 10 years ago.  It had a Sweepster on the front.

I don't have any idea what it would be worth, so you're on your own for that one.  I personally wouldn't value it the same as other 400 series tractors...it would be worth more to me.  Running or not.  If the engine is shot, you're basically buying a model/serial number plate and a few unique parts.  I think there might be a unique part or two in the PTO assembly and I think the dashboard has a fuel cut-off pull cable.  Probably a slightly different wiring harness as well.

The little 8.5 hp Robin diesel was used on a lot of other types of industrial equipment, so while it isn't easy to find a replacement, they can be had.  I have a generator with the same engine.  It's a nice little sucker - loud as can be and smokes a bit - but is really miserly on fuel.

WH had problems with the starter motor literally breaking off of these engines on these tractors.  The tractor should have an extra brace supporting the starter.  That's the only really unique problem I know of that these had.  If it has the brace, you should be good.

I've always wanted one of these, but never really had a reasonable chance at one.  If you pass it up, I'm sure you can find it a home easily.  Shoot, even I might be interested.

Steve

lynnmor

I think that he is looking at a well worn 520H that is advertised wrong.  I did see an ad like that.   If a photo could be posted, we could save some time.

wigglinpins
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I think that he is looking at a well worn 520H that is advertised wrong.  I did see an ad like that.   If a photo could be posted, we could save some time.

No, it's a 512, clearly marked on the hood and it's a diesel.  I know what a 520 is, there are a few in my neighborhood. you can't mistake a Onan for a Robin diesel.   Rare as it may be, it's a 512.

A friend of one of my friends has it and it has been sitting for quite some time.  I have to go look at it to see exactly what condition it is in and if the engine is still operable.  Big difference between the two and I'm not mistaken.

wigglinpins

Forget it guy's.  I just called my friend to have him send me a picture of the 512 and he told me it has been sold for $700 with a mower deck and snow plow.  I just wanted the deck and plow but would have bought the package if someone here would have been interested in just the tractor.

• Sad 3