BOB ELLISON

C160 reproductive seat

ebinmaine

Nice to see the progress you're making Bob.

I'll be following along....

I have two of these type seats on future tractor builds.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

I always liked that style of seat and would look good on any model tractor.

Excellent Bob but I will ask the question the other fellas will surely want to know.

Can the the die be used on the other seats and the fine covers you make?

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
50 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

be some time before I get a set completed and ready to install.but I hope to have them at the Big Show this year.

:woohoo:             I was wondering how you were coming on those seats, that sample die imprint looks good.     Looking forward to seeing you in June.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

steelman

Really good looking seat Bob! I bought one of these seats at an auction a couple of years ago and have never mounted it. It's kind of like a trophy to me. The :wh: imprint is so cool, it's going to be a big hit!

• Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
54 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

I always liked that style of seat and would look good on any model tractor.

Excellent Bob but I will ask the question the other fellas will surely want to know.

Can the the die be used on the other seats and the fine covers you make?

Not really sure but I don't think it could be used on a formed seat. I had to buy a heated press and I'm still trying to figure out how it will work on a flat piece of vinyl. Sort of like a t-shirt is imprinted with the pictures . The die is not only heated but pressed into the fabric. The seats I make are 1 inch pleated vinyl and it will not work on them.

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

Looking Good!  Like many. i have a 2 piece seat frame looking for a cover.  

• Like 1

roadapples

Nice work. I too will be looking forward to seeing them in June...

• Thanks 1

RJ Hamner

I have a C160 that could use a new seat cover.  Looking forward to seeing you in June.

• Like 1

dells68

Ok Bob, you can’t tease us like this!  You’ve got to go into production on them.  I know I’d be up for a complete set!  Very nice work!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
16 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Ok Bob, you can’t tease us like this!  You’ve got to go into production on them.  I know I’d be up for a complete set!  Very nice work!!

Dell I didn't think I would do these at first.

Sarge and I had this discussion last year and I thought about all the work just to make these .I told him I didn't want to get into them because of all the time and extra work involved . 

YOU DO KNOW THAT I AM RETIRED.

I really don't make a lot of money on the  seats I make after all the thousands of dollars I've invested in the material and equipment. I do it because I enjoy making them. And I like to see them make these tractors look nice.

I'm not there yet on the designs or the lines in the seat and back but I'll give it my best try.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

dells68

Hey Bob, don’t sell yourself short.  These are the best covers I’ve seen.  Keep up the good work and let us know if you do get any sets for sale.  We really appreciate the level of craftsmanship that you put into your covers.  Lookin’ good!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854

I agree with dells, looks wonderful and would look even better on the seat of my 16 Auto.   I am betting there's going to be a line of willing buyers at your site if you have them for sale. I know I'll be one of them. 

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

All he needs to do is make one more and then put them in a private place so they reproduce, he did title this

"C160 reproductive seat"

^_^

We'll I'll go for that as long as they reproduce  there own vinyl and foam and they don't come out black and white or yellow and green.

• Haha 5

Sarge

Yes, we did visit this project last year - I still have that seat in pieces sitting on the tractor in storage (bad 341) so it hasn't moved yet. It will be getting a new donor engine from an Allis Chalmers 916H that has a Kohler blue replacement engine in it. If you can get a full cover set done for this summer - I'd be in for one for sure.

Sarge

BOB ELLISON
13 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Yes, we did visit this project last year - I still have that seat in pieces sitting on the tractor in storage (bad 341) so it hasn't moved yet. It will be getting a new donor engine from an Allis Chalmers 916H that has a Kohler blue replacement engine in it. If you can get a full cover set done for this summer - I'd be in for one for sure.

Sarge

Yes Sarge after our talk I didn't think I wanted to take on this project. And I'm still in the process of figuring out how to make a frame to put on my heat press. This project will be a lot more work and I will have to weld a frame for the lines. I will keep everyone up to date as I make progress. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

keep everyone up to date as I make progress. 

bottjernat1

Its so perdy! 

2aa.jpg

• Haha 1

WHX??

Richard @953 nut what's your thoughts on putting that style of seat (C160) on a 953? Going to need a seat for one this summer but now on the fence about looking for a orginal 953 frame and having Bob cover it  or one like above? Nothin against Simplecities but this one has gots to go! Nether tractor came with the frame so have to start from scratch either way.

20180929_164907.jpg

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Super-C 4 me
On 2/24/2019 at 7:05 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

The C160 I have didn't come with the 2 piece seat so I purchased one from Northern tool. It does look good and is comfortable BUT I wanted an original looking seat. So after making the seats for the lawn ranger and 1054/953  I've  decided to give it a try. I did buy a seat that I could make patterns from and I can get  very close to original. But with the c160 seat there's a big problem trying to duplicate them , they have designs in the back and the seat. Lines in the seat and the back and the back also has the wheelhorse emblem. 

I've been working on it since October 2018 and as the weather get better I can get in my garage to make a heated frame to make the designs in the seat and back. I had a die  made for the Wheelhorse emblem.

But this is the biggest  problem I've run into.

The back has a 1/6" steel plate that it's  glued to and the seat has a 1/32 galvanized plate that it's  glued to. 

I can't make these because it's not cost effective to try to reproduce it.

So I can't charge what it would cost me to make a complete set.

There for I may make the replacement  seat and back that can be installed by the owner if they have the old steel back and seat. 

Maybe I'll make a video on how to install the new seat and back.

Here is a few pictures to show some of the progress I've made.

It will still be some time before I get a set completed and ready to install.but I hope to have them at the Big Show this year.

Hopefully they'll look like the last picture when I'm done . Ps the last picture was borrowed and it's  not mine. Yet

20190223_120539.jpg

20190223_120451.jpg

20180823_095953.jpg

20180820_202954.jpg

Complete.thumb.jpg.8d2fd47e9d859d459cd5148b742db0cc.jpg

Very nice Work

I'd be up for one as well when your ready

• Like 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, WHX22 said:

what's your thoughts on putting that style of seat (C160) on a 953?

I don't have a problem with a bit of custom work on a 953, heck I've got one with a seat like that Simplicity seat (mine came from Tractor Supply) 953s.jpg.68c2332ec8f764cc1501e67d7de1a3e6.jpgand it is very comfortable. I bet Terry @Vinylguy has a :wh: sticker big enough to cover that up.

045.JPG.5e0733bc3a83bfc11640921789b131d6.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

dells68

That is unbelievable Bob.  Looks beautiful!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
21 minutes ago, dells68 said:

That is unbelievable Bob.  Looks beautiful!!

Thank you dell. But now I see why I didn't want to make these last year.

So much work and money just to make one. So I'll have to make a dozen or two just to brake even.

This is the most time consuming seat to make and now I have to weld the seat frame to make it.

• Like 3