BOB ELLISON

C160 reproductive seat

rjg854

Really, really nice.  I can't barely wait for you to start actually making the seats.   I'd like to be the 1st person to put in an order for one.  If it would help, I'll send you the seat I have for you to recover.  ;)

• Like 5

dells68
1 hour ago, BOB ELLISON said:

So I'll have to make a dozen or two just to brake even.

Bob, I don’t think that would be a problem with all of us horse hounds around here.  If you mak’em, they’ll come!  I know I’m like Randy, I’d like to be among the first few in line!

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I'll have to make a dozen or two just to brake even.

Bob, that shouldn't be a problem. There was a nice used seat back alone sold on :techie-ebay: for $ 150 with multiple bidders a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

rjg854

Bob, I'm sure if you can make seat covers with that logo imprinted on them, you couldn't keep up with the demand. That would make any tractor,  look original. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

I'm gonna send you, probably a couple of seats, and I ain't gonna care what you charge me as long it is fair and square. I have no doubts whatsover  it will be. 

• Heart 1

19richie66

Bob , those turned out fantastic. Almost hard to tell from the originals. I don’t think you’ll have trouble getting your investment back once you get it rolling. The more you make, the quicker you’ll get them turned out. Job well done my friend.👍

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

There's one thing I have a problem with. The back and seat have metal supports to glue to and nuts welded for mounting. I can't make these because it would add to much to the seat and I don't have a break to bend the metal.

The only way would be for me to buy them myself and add that to the cost. I know these seat were a added cost on a new tractor.

@WHX22 I try to keep the cost as reasonable as I can.

So I need for everyone that has a seat they want reupholstered to save the metal supports. If you have some you don't need I'll see you at the Big Show. The pictures below show the  metal backs

20190408_204258.jpg

20190408_204214.jpg

20190408_204244.jpg

20190408_204233.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Agreed Bob. ..some of us have the means to repro the metal but fellow members, don't scrap ANYTHING. We can always use templates. I can repro the metal but would truly be suckasaurus (no offence Dino) at the upholstery. Heck I can barely tie my shoes! :lol:

Edited by WHX22
Speeling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Razorback

Very nice! You do great work!

• Thanks 1

RetroMower

If you bring these covers to the show i will most definitely buy 2 sets for sure. :greetings-clappingorange:

• Like 1

dells68

@WHX22, I'd be one of the guys who would need a set of the metal pieces for the seat.  Might be wrong, but me thinks me sees a business opportunity for you and Bob!

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Looks fantastic mr. Ellison sir

• Like 1

roadapples

You Sir, are an artist....

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Bob, that is as factory as you can ask for. Well done sir. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
4 minutes ago, roadapples said:

You Sir, are an artist....

Not even close Roadapples but I just can't quite when I get it in my head that I want to do it. More like hard-headed or stubborn as my mom would say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19richie66

If they all come out like that and you can streamline the process, you will have no problem selling all you make. That's as close to NOS looking as you can get.

• Like 4

rjg854

Every bit as good as the original :text-bravo:to say the least :dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I made this one and it's for sale for $1000.00 with all the hours, materal and work in it.

:woohoo:          You have probably underestimated the total investment, but it is top quality, as is everything you do.      :notworthy:

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut

Wow!  That is amazing!  I have to look at my tractors to see what shape mine are in.

• Like 1

Chris G

I missed this post some how until now. But I agree amazjng job! Really looks sharp.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

If you’ve a way to cut templates Bob, I can make room on the sheet metal break for you.  I’m just a couple hours from SE Michigan if you’re up for the drive.  It might be worth the headache prevention.  I have a digital angle finder for repetition, I’m sure it wouldn’t take much to run a template that says where to clamp the sheet stock.

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

@pullstart I don't have the metal or a way to cut it if I did. I wish I had someone to do all the metal for the seat and back. But I have no idea how much money it would cost for materials  and work to make them.

I may have to sell do it yourself kits. These are very labor intensive seats. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Well, if I could somehow help Bob, just let me know.  I don’t even think I have a project that needs these right now :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

The cost of steel right now is pretty high, but any local small welding shop could knock those out in pretty short order for a reasonable price. They would prefer to make a run of say 20 or so at a time - a quantity that doesn't demand too much time of the shop but makes it worthwhile to burn up a whole sheet of material. If you let them set the quantity per the number of parts that can be sheared out of a whole sheet - the cost will be lower.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1