gt14rider

Gt14 90-2062

gt14rider

Hi all,. Working on my gt14s sunstrand 90-2062 tranny, hope someone can help, pulling it apart, I think someone has been here before, control trunnion shaft bearings # Torrington b1210 on one side and unknown # on other, can anyone tell me if this is right. Also pump shaft bearing is a Hoover 204. Pump shaft bearing seemed a little loose in housing.Parts manual doesn't show part # for the bearings any help would be appreciated.

daveoman1966

Is this the 'Control Trunion Shaft bearing" you refer to?  If so, there are two of the same size.  

1 (306)a.jpg

• Like 1

gt14rider

Yes , that's the one, Torrington b1210 , is that the right bearing? Also what bearing do you use for the pump shaft

pfrederi

You will not get it from Toro.  Are you sure you read teh bearing # correctly could it be 304.  Any bearing place should be able to help you out. 304K would be the open version.  52mm x 20mm x 15mm or you could contact LJ Fluid power.  If it is 204 just take it to a bearing place they will be able to measure it up.

204 would be 47mm x 20mm x14mm

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

Aldon

Dave will point you correctly. As will Paul.

If Dave does not respond expeditiously, you should search all of Daveoman’s posts that are already on the forum. He has posted tons of help on these I’ve rthe years.

• Like 3

gt14rider

The reason for the question is on pump shaft bearing on disassemble, there was slight looseness or play under snap ring. With shaft out bearing seems tight, little play. Someone has been in here before, silicone on gaskets, Teflon tape on some of the pipe plugs. Just checking, manual has no # for bearing. I have been reading alot of posts, my eye hert.i plan on using the seals on side shaft per Dave's mod.

pfrederi
10 minutes ago, gt14rider said:

The reason for the question is on pump shaft bearing on disassemble, there was slight looseness or play under snap ring. With shaft out bearing seems tight, little play. Someone has been in here before, silicone on gaskets, Teflon tape on some of the pipe plugs. Just checking, manual has no # for bearing. I have been reading alot of posts, my eye hert.i plan on using the seals on side shaft per Dave's mod.

Keep in mind WH felt the hydro gears other than the "Tune Up"  were repair by replacement.  So no part numbers for internal stuff.  The piston to piston use a Hoover 304 bearing but there are big differences in the pump assembly between Piston to piston and hydro gears so yours may be different.  You might be best taking to the experts at LJ Fluid power.  They would know about internal parts as they came from Sundstrand not WH especially since some one had been in there and maybe they swapped out a bearing and used an incorrect replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gt14rider

That's my thought, I'll try to get some specs on bearing and housing

• Like 1

gt14rider

Pfrederi you are right 304. Damn I'm getting old can't see ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

OK that is the size in the piston to piston. They are about $20-25

• Thanks 1

ztnoo
1 hour ago, gt14rider said:

Damn I'm getting old can't see ****

Maybe a cheap set of drug store cheaters would solve the problem.

I've use them for years.

Just try different diopter ratings until you find what works best for you for reading up close.

Get an eyeglass necklace while you're at it and put it on them, and then just as importantly, wear it.

They're always with you that way.

As to the old part, I'm 16 years your senior and 70 now, so your sad story about getting old doesn't play well here.

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

gt14rider

I'll check a local bearing distributor for those bearings. Wh parts and more looks to have the other bearings for tranny, don't have the tranny apart yet, will check bearing first, are the re pop 1533 good or try to save the old ones. Thanks for all the help, 

Ztnoo  have new glasses ordered , last 5 years can't see far, now starting with small up close, Will look into cheaters, my help with my shooting too

Been taking pictures, once I get cleaned up I'll try to start a rebuild post. 

Next trick is to get the hubs off.  Hay Aldon are you still in Corinth and do you still have the hydrolic puller

pfrederi

GT14 hubs are like D series hubs.  the body of the hub is very long compared to the thickness of the flange.  If they do not come off easily do not put excessive stress on the flange, pull from the back end of the hub body otherwise you will snap the flange.

IMG_3209.JPG

953 nut

If you can't get the hubs to move there is a little trick I have used. Separate the case and slide the halves out as far as you can. This gives enough room to separate the differential and remove a snap ring from the axle. Now you can take the axle to the hydraulic press and push the hub off.

• Like 3

gt14rider

Ok  good to know, will have to get some steel and make a puller set up like that. 

I'll keep in mind that I can split the cases if hub are stubborn. Thanks

Anyone have a good pulley

IMG_20190217_184227718_HDR.jpg

• Sad 1

ztnoo

The WH# I come up with from my manual is 8144.

There's one on eBay. Don't go into cardiac arrest if you find it. (If not found, PM me for link).

Nothing on RCPW.

Nothing on PartsTree.

• Like 1

Aldon

There was a new old stock GT14 on the auction site for 325.

That ended 7-14 days ago and I have not seen it listed.

i don’t find the one your referencing Steve @ztnoo so please send me the info.

• Confused 1

ztnoo

@gt14rider,

Locate a hydro 8144 pulley yet?

If not, I'll ask around a some of the WH FB sites to see if one can be located.

Regards,

Steve

oldredrider

I've got one. It's for a keyed shaft. Send me a PM if interested.

gt14rider

Not yet, except for the one you sent me but 120 is a little steep. Expensive screew up. I was thinking about trying to get a double pulley for the tiller but will take what I can get. Thanks

ztnoo

A 8144 pulley is keyed. @oldredrider it should have the casting number on one of the pulley blades.

* @gt14rider, take note:

145709292_1turned90.jpg.dc0354f873fac6eae4fba00ac6e95513.jpg2.jpg.a9dc81d2b4f5510e2cedead800f1e33d.jpg

gt14rider

It is a 8144  back of pulley has two holes for the fan

IMG_20190225_181131056.jpg

ztnoo

@gt14rider,

Sounds like we just need to hear from @oldredrider about verifying the part number.

You might send him a PM, just in case he doesn't get back to the thread quickly.

Not sure, but I think this was a GT 14 specific pulley.

gt14rider

I have talked to oldredrider, and pulley will not work on a gt14

oldredrider

I have the one you need. #8144. Check you messages