Kody Bob

Jump start catastrophe

Kody Bob

After taking a look at the ammeter, it happened to be a loose wire! Connected it and she fired right up! Replaced the fuses on the 310 and it fired up as well. All is good in kody-bobs wheel horse world. 

Also added my grandfather's 1951 Ford 8n that he bought new in 1952 to the heard.

20190223_214725.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

bc.gold

Those loose wires will get ya every time, when you purchased that new battery hope you never turned it in and kept it as a spare.

It has been said that placing a battery on a concrete floor will eventually drain a battery, this was a concern back in the day cases were made from a rubber composite  with just enough porosity to wick electrolyte which also destroyed the location where a battery was placed in a vehicle.

With the first rubber cases used unti the 1960's you always has to check the fluid level and use backing soda the neutralize the acid in the battery box on your car or truck.

The more modern plastic case used these days do not suffer from seepage and we now have sealed maintenance free battery's.

Good to hear you found the problem and that you purchased a multi meter.

pfrederi
19 hours ago, Kody Bob said:

After taking a look at the ammeter, it happened to be a loose wire! Connected it and she fired right up! Replaced the fuses on the 310 and it fired up as well. All is good in kody-bobs wheel horse world. 

Also added my grandfather's 1951 Ford 8n that he bought new in 1952 to the heard.

20190223_214725.jpg

Was there a snow plow with it?  the brackets on the front axle look like my brothers that has a plow.