JCM

Similar Interests

JCM

After reading the topic How did you come up with your screen name I came across a very nice 1973 AMX owned by AMC RULES  and I am amazed that a lot of RS members seem to enjoy a lot of the same interests.I purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger in 1976 with a 318 and did have some fun with It,but in 1977 I decided i needed a little more power and found a 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with 17,000 miles on it,quite a bit difference under the hood,and then had to have hedders, aluminum intake,bigger carb ,cam and the list goes on. I noticed it  had a very similar air cleaner with the large rubber gasket which seals the underside of the hood that Chevy called Cowl induction,not sure if AMC called it the same. Anyway I sold the car in 1999 to my brother in law so at least it is still in the family.It seems funny that we seem to have big boy toy syndrome and enjoy these little tractors so much.And last but not least the underhood of that AMC was impeccable.     Jim

• Like 8

WHX??

Is that you in the first pic Richard or did you have a Fonz stand in?!?! :ychain:

I personally gave up on the high dollar hobbies (HD's) when my first wife cleaned  me out years ago but now that I have a wife who is the bread winner I took up horse thieving & tractor shows ... just something the whole family could enjoy and a bit less dangerous. 

• Like 6

953 nut
9 hours ago, WHX22 said:

Is that you in the first pic Richard or did you have a Fonz stand in?

The first photo was taken shortly after i built the truck over thirty years ago.         :confusion-confused:            The truck and I both looked a little better three decades ago.      :ROTF:

• Haha 5

The Tuul Crib
12 hours ago, JCM said:

After reading the topic How did you come up with your screen name I came across a very nice 1973 AMX owned by AMC RULES  and I am amazed that a lot of RS members seem to enjoy a lot of the same interests.I purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger in 1976 with a 318 and did have some fun with It,but in 1977 I decided i needed a little more power and found a 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with 17,000 miles on it,quite a bit difference under the hood,and then had to have hedders, aluminum intake,bigger carb ,cam and the list goes on. I noticed it  had a very similar air cleaner with the large rubber gasket which seals the underside of the hood that Chevy called Cowl induction,not sure if AMC called it the same. Anyway I sold the car in 1999 to my brother in law so at least it is still in the family.It seems funny that we seem to have big boy toy syndrome and enjoy these little tractors so much.And last but not least the underhood of that AMC was impeccable.     Jim

:wwp:

• Like 1

19richie66
7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

ENTER GT’s: they are awesome because they scratch that mechanical itch that I get to restore and rebuild stuff at a fraction of the cost and you need far less storage space!  

:text-yeahthat: exactly.👍 

• Like 1

JCM

THE TOOL CRIB        You know what happens to some things that you let a family member borrow like pictures, you never get them back.I do have a few but not the best ones.I do have a nice 8mm tape from a camcorder with the 70  SS 396/402 4 speed idleing in the driveway with hood & doors open, only problem like WHX22 ex wife grabbed the camcorder on her way out.If anyone knows how to convert that 8 mm to another way to view it or has an old 8mm camcorder for sale let me know.  PEACEMAKER JACK my 1986 k-20 pickup is in the vintage truck section.      Thanks

Edited by JCM
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

@JCM :text-imsorry: I had forgotten that you had posted that there.  It sure is a beauty and superbly cared for through the decades.  Well done.  To keep on topic,  I have noticed many overlaps as well—vintage cars, second amendment rights, woodworking, hunting, fishing, the desire to own and maintain finely crafted “made in the USA” items, and a general care and respect for others.  This is a great forum for many reasons, not the least of which is the great group of guys that comprise it! Even though we are a quirky group:occasion-clown::occasion-unclesam::teasing-binkybaby::music-rockon::eusa-pray::sci-fi-marvinmartian::tools-hammerdrill:!

i have about 18 hours of home videos from 15 years ago on Hi-8 tapes that I need to get converted to digital format soon.  I’m worried the taped will deteriorate to the point where they will be unwatchable.  Too much great family history on there to lose it...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
17 hours ago, JCM said:

8 mm camcorder for sale let me know

Send a PM to @Stepney

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@JCM

Great thread Jim.

• Thanks 1

Stepney
19 hours ago, JCM said:

THE TOOL CRIB        You know what happens to some things that you let a family member borrow like pictures, you never get them back.I do have a few but not the best ones.I do have a nice 8mm tape from a camcorder with the 70  SS 396/402 4 speed idleing in the driveway with hood & doors open, only problem like WHX22 ex wife grabbed the camcorder on her way out.If anyone knows how to convert that 8 mm to another way to view it or has an old 8mm camcorder for sale let me know.  PEACEMAKER JACK my 1986 k-20 pickup is in the vintage truck section.      Thanks

We talking the small format casette-corder, or the big Hi-8 with the audio tape looking cassette? I have a few of those headed for the scrap pretty soon if nobody takes them. Still working perfectly. 

JCM

Today I had a very nice experience with another RS member being that of @Stepney in reference to the post looking for an 8mm camcorder so I could review some old footage of the 70 Chevelle idleing in the driveway before I sold it to my brother in law.We agreed on a time and place to meet up and I had to laugh a bit when he pulled up in a 1985 Ford F-150 shortbed with 300 six 4 Speed manual with overdrive, when I was his age I owned a 1978 F-150 4x4 4 speed manual with a 300 six also a shortbed and here I am waiting for him sitting in the 1986 chevy K-20 4 speed, talk about similar interests never mind the WH addiction.I want to thank @ebinmaine for recommending that I get in touch with him about the camcorder,@stepney is one of the most genuine,polite and extremely intelligent young man I have ever had the opportunity to talk with and very knowledgeable on Sunstrand Hydros,more than I could ever know,I look forward to him being present at the Sept Meet & Greet and offered to help him to trailer several of his tractors to the Meet for him. I am trying to get some info on making him a Supporter to RS  as a gift from me to him because it is special young people like him who will continue this great Forum and Hobby of ours.If anyone could help me with this please let me know.    Thanks All.

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0189.JPG

• Heart 1

JCM

I just read on the topic supporter membership that @Sparky answered my question, thanks much Mike.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Stepney

Too kind of you, Jim. It was great to finally meet up. I can't get over how clean that truck of yours is. Like I said, I have to thank Daveoman and the old owner of my '66 for all the info on the Sundstrand's. I too look forward to the meetup. Never seen more than 1 or 2 other WH's in one place, save for EB's, or my own shed..:wacko:. We'll see what I can get shaking in time for the event. At the moment none of my WH's really ought to move..:confusion-helpsos:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@Stepney

You're more than welcome to come over here and pick up the Patriot horse for the meet n greet if you want a horse to ride.

@JCM you are quite right about Spenser.

Fantastic that you both show up in the vintage mobiles!!

Love the pic...

• Excellent 1