ohiofarmer

Don't overlook NAPA for common parts

ohiofarmer

Did not really know where to post this, but I am re-doing every one of my tires with freshly painted rims. Some are good enough for tubeless and some need new tubes. I found heavy duty Korean tubes reasonably priced, but paying 4 bucks for a pair of bubble packed shrader valves hurts a bit when you need 20 of them.  NAPA  has them in bulk packs of 50 and they sold me 10 each of each hole diameter for less than 40 cents each.  BTW, i also found 4 ply aggressive ATV tires for $80.00 the pair up the road at a go-kart supply store.  Thinking about the 520 as a dedicated snow pusher just because of so many problems with properly powering a PTO for the mower.

• Like 4

The Tuul Crib

Napa has a lot of things that most auto part stores don't have. And there is not a lot of people in front of you when you get there ! At least the one I go to 5 minutes from my house. All the seals I've needed they can always get within two days!

• Like 2

squonk

When I worked at Napa we sold as much 'Non -Automotive" as we did "Automotive"  But t my favorite order was from the local mega landfill. During sub zero weather they wanted 20 grease guns, 10 whip hoses and 2 pallets of diesel anti-gel.:helmet:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
On 2/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, The Tool Crib said:

Napa has a lot of things that most auto part stores don't have. And there is not a lot of people in front of you when you get there ! At least the one I go to 5 minutes from my house. All the seals I've needed they can always get within two days!

Kind of like ordering a load of lumber from the local yards we have remaining around here. Instead of big box stores, we give them a call and they send it out in a few hours--free delivery.  Meanwhile, we are building out the project with superior quality lumber instead of consuming labor time better suited to actual construction instead of loading a bunch of stuff that is hard to  find . Actually, the big box lumberyards keep our stuff moving better because the shoppers go to them more and keep the contractors yards more efficient by not having casual shoppers taking up the time of the salesman. 

NAPA is probably the equivalent in the car parts industry.

Anyway, here are the new snow pusher tires and freshened rims painted last summer  Rustoleum linen color

011.JPG

• Like 1

WHNJ701

most of the napa's by us a terrible, they seem like they do not want customers and prefer there commercial and dealer accounts.

however the one napa up by my work is decent the one lady gave me an old master part catalog which comes in handy.

ohiofarmer

Wow! I stopped by a Napa store and asked about their outdoor power equipment catalog and if they were for sale.  He gave me one that was out of date.  Free of charge.

670 pages of parts wonder and cross reference numbers, it is

squonk

I used to have all the Napa books. We would get new ones once or twice a year and had a room full of the old ones. We would give them out to whoever wanted them. Then came the day when we needed the space so they had to go. I saved many for myself especially the  illustrated parts and unit parts guides. We let everyone know what we had and were available for a limited time. Still almost filled a dumpster. 

If you  have an account at a store you can sign up for a free Napa Prolink account. You can search online for parts see what store in your area has them as well as distribution centers. 

Try to to find a Napa with some old timers still working there. Lot of them try to hire young kids that if they can't find it on a screen it doesn't exist. I can go into my old store and ask for something obscure and find it before they can. 

• Like 1

cschannuth

Our NAPA store went out of business but we still have a Carquest with guys that have work there for close to 30 years. They really know their stuff and if they don’t have it they can get it the next day usually. They saved my butt many times over the years. 

Mikey the Monkey

speaking of NAPA, anyone want to share part numbers for a 5007 transmission axle/input oil seals? i spent about 10 minutes searching but got frustrated. 

nevermind, is the axle seal SKF9815 and input seal SKF7410?

Edited by Mikey the Monkey
incompetence

squonk
On March 1, 2019 at 1:19 PM, Mikey the Monkey said:

speaking of NAPA, anyone want to share part numbers for a 5007 transmission axle/input oil seals? i spent about 10 minutes searching but got frustrated. 

nevermind, is the axle seal SKF9815 and input seal SKF7410?

9815 is also the brake shaft seal

• Thanks 1