TR250driver

B-80 wiring

TR250driver

Hi Guys,

Newbie to the Forum. Restoring a 75 B-80 I have owned since new.  I am into the wiring which is not my specialty and I have forgotten what wires go to the rectifier.  Three prongs and the diagram has a single orange wire that is present but I also have a double white wire that has no home.  It comes from the motor.  Could it be extra or part of the safety seat switch which has been removed long ago? I believe I have some no n standard wiring going on here from previous repairs. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Darrell 

TR250driver

Searched the forum and ran across some generic diagrams and the double white wires I have must be going to the Kohler 8hp stator.  This motor is not original to the machine and was a replacement 30 years ago.  The wires were spliced and in bad shape I may have crossed them when I rewired them. Hope that doesn't matter.  You would think the white wires need to go to the rectifier.  Seems like the orange one should go there as well.  Dang, I took pictures of everything else. Woe is me! Any electrics wizards out there? Darrell again.

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

The 2 white wires are not labelled in the diagram but are the AC (Alternating current) leads from the flywheel stator. It does not matter which AC terminals on the regulator they go to.

The orange wire is on the diagram and goes to the DC+ terminal on the regulator.

The operator manual has a diagram.

Click on the picture

Click on the picture again and on the next page. Two of the photos of regulators have the terminals identified.

Garry

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Welcome to Redsqure 

Here is a wiring diagram I redid to help me .  The colors of the wires may be different then yours but you can easily trace them with this diagram. 

BASIC WIRING B80 - C160.jpg

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

You mentioned that the engine is not original to your B-80. If it is a Kohler engine this should not be a problem. Bob's wiring diagram is very good and should help you through this. Glad you found us and feel free to ask any questions you have.

rjg854

:WRS: @TR250driver I trust the information given has helped in some way with your problem.

TR250driver

Thanks this has helped a lot.

KC9KAS

@TR250driver I see you have been a member since 11/11/13 but are just now posting!

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

TR250driver

Yes I am a Wheel Horse type guy so I looked you guys up a while back.  Nice forum you have here.  In addition to the B-80 I have a late model Toro/Wheel Horse Classic GT.  I believe it is one of the last of the Horses. It is in nice original condition with out a lot of hours on it.