peter lena

first road test afterswap

Sparky

Nice Pete. I’m a big fan of Magnum conversions :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

peter lena

I have 3 of them now, the others were 312-8 that had already been re engine,d  when I got them , but they were rough with issues, those two are complete now , and my c-85 will be too. I think the magnum just runs with a total ease that I really like. after picking up some wiring details and conversion points on this site , it was time to get it done. it will have a number of restomod ideas that have proven to make things better for me. not a restoration, but a very solid worker , that's what I like. when I'm done I will post my finished horse, pete  

• Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib

Nice lookin ride Pete! I have a magnum 14 

and I love it ! Should last a long time well maintained!

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Nice, look forward to you posting your "worker" mods

SylvanLakeWH

Love the Blackhoods! :ph34r:

• Like 1

953 nut
15 hours ago, peter lena said:

Bought this c-85 new , back in 82, lots of hours , but equal maintenance , always in a shed , like a part of me

Over three and a half decades of love and proper care,           :handgestures-thumbupright:      looks good!                       :text-coolphotos:

midpack

I have a Magnum 12 in a C-175, great engine!  

It will handle anything, although I do like my KT17 for blowing snow, the Magnum is much less thirsty... lol

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

I have Magnum singles in several different tractors and I am more than happy with the power, smoothness, ease of operation, durability, and torque.  That is a good functional conversion that should serve you well for years to come.  

Peter—I think it is awesome that you have owned this machine for so many years.  Do you have an older pics of it that you can share or maybe have shared on the site that you can link me to?  

Are you sharing any any of your restomod ideas at this time or are you waiting to do them first and then share? I’d be interested in knowing what you have in mind!  Since I purchased the Super C, the blackhoods have grown on me...:wub:

• Like 1

peter lena

peacemaker jack, I always try to show and tell what I have been up to , example, I often just work out an idea on a problem area, over time its made my horse very smooth and easy to operate. the blower angle chute rod knob ,went along with the blower lift springs, heim joints on tough swivel areas , make things easier. I will see if I can find more of my stuff, on this site, pete

• Thanks 1

richmondred01

Kohler Magnums in my opinion are the best single cylinder engines ever produced.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, richmondred01 said:

Kohler Magnums in my opinion are the best single cylinder engines ever produced.

Me too no points to mess with!!!....Only issue is Magnum twins are not all ready for WH PTOs many had no thrust bearings. (and a lot of them came with Walbro fixed jet carbs if they work great if not  ugh!!)

Tuneup

Another black hood saved and active, let alone original owner - big thanks!