WHX??

An Unruly Sediment Bowl

WHX??

So I got this thing for old skool bowls.....I know I know. ... a good fuel filter is best. But they are just too cool for old school and I had this one fifties vintage and my propensity for tryin to save old things over came common sense.

So I soak this thing in parts cleaner for a week and then Berrymans for another week and no dice. The bowl is permanently glued to the gasket. So I thinks the only way the bowl is going to come off is to break it. 

No big deal got a couple of bowls handy and gaskets off fleabay right? Not made off shore right? Gotta save it right?..Original right? Who am I kidding?

While holding it over the trash bin and the channel locks in the other mitt proceed to crunch the GLASS bowl. CRUNCH the bowl breaks....no.problem but oh balls, same 1/8x1/8 off said fleabay for less than 15 is lookin pretty sweet by now. 

Naw I can save her ... we can make her stronger...better!

Whilst trying to dig out the rest of the glass ... oops.  Just a scratch...don't look as bad as is. Bowls are still cool!

Just wear gloves!

20190203_183229.jpg

This was after I doused it down with a tube of super glue. The RED  is not blood. .. I was also painting at the time!

Edited by WHX21
  • Sad 9

Ed Kennell

That's probably gonna leave a mark..er scar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

WHX??

Hoping so Ed.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

PeacemakerJack

Ouch! Glad that didn’t end up in a trip to the ER and staples or stitches.  This one falls into the category, “It seemed like a good idea at the time!”  

Live and learn.

• Like 4

ACman

:text-yeahthat: What Ed said . 

Three essentials a tin knocker always has around (can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this just to keep working)

1- duct/electrical tape

2- napkins/paper towels 

3- superglue 

Now for the next question are you right or left handed....wait does it really matter your the boss and we can see you can still work your phone to post  :laughing-rolling: ! Seriously take care Jim.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk

"Sediment bowl" is a french word for leak.  If I had a dollar for every bowl, or gasket I sold at Napa I could buy a few steak dinners.:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19richie66

And here I thought someone found a better name for the game than “Super Bowl”. :laughing-rolling:

Glad you’re gonna live. 👍

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

953 nut
8 hours ago, WHX21 said:

I doused it down with a tube of super glue.

Hay, that is how they closed me up after gallbladder surgery!     :confusion-confused:   No stitches, just super glue and a few big bandages. 

:woohoo:          You have just been promoted from tin-knocker to surgeon!               :ychain:

If you are trying to earn the coveted Red Square Hart Hat award you need to try a bit harder, @WVHillbilly520H (Mr. Storm Clean-Up) has you beat this year.

Glad it didn't go deep.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

WVHillbilly520H
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

If you are trying to earn the coveted Red Square Hart Hat award you need to try a bit harder, @WVHillbilly520H (Mr. Storm Clean-Up) has you beat this year.

Glad it didn't go deep.

Thanks I think ...:confusion-confused:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack
58 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

You have just been promoted from tin-knocker to surgeon!               :ychain:

If you are trying to earn the coveted Red Square Hard Hat award...

I can see the plaque already, “2019 RedSquare Hard Hat award goes to...

Dr. WHX21”.  He is a general practice surgeon who has an apprenticeship in making cuts with glass and fixing them with household adhesives!

:ROTF:

• Haha 7

WHX??
5 hours ago, squonk said:

Sediment bowl" is a french word for leak

How did I know you were gonna say that Mike... :lol:

• Haha 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

how they closed me up after gallbladder surgery! 

Cindy brought home this thing of skin glue they use in OR's but it came right off. Course I went right back to wrenching. Super glue stung a bit more :crying-yellow: but stayed on!

• Like 3

ztnoo

Yikes, I'm not so sure, but I'd say you probably should have had that stitched up and pulled together.

You're going to have a lot of scare tissue, IF, that actually heals up.

I think you risk a fairly high chance of infection also.

I patched up some flesh wounds of my own during 40 + years of carpentry work, but the serious stuff I always had checked out by a doctor.

I guess its your hand and you can roll the dice if you wish, but you might regret doing so down the line somewhere.

Just one man's opinion.....

• Like 1

19richie66
33 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I guess its your hand and you can roll the dice if you wish, 

He ain’t rolling no dice with that hand :angry-nono: 

• Haha 7

AMC RULES

:hand:  Seeing no callouses there Madge...

figure they must be Palmolive hands. :confusion-shrug:

20190205_105219.jpg.6d8b3847a4e03f5135f6c58b9a80ddc8.jpg

• Haha 6

Mike'sHorseBarn

I'm a sucker for sediment bowls too lol I just never had the misfortune of slicing myself on one yet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, ztnoo said:

You're going to have a lot of scare tissue

That would be really cool.... no more dressing up for :occasion-happyhalloween:

3 hours ago, ztnoo said:

fairly high chance of infection also.

No way... when I cut myself the Captain or cobbler sanitizes it on the way out with the blood.. :lol:

3 hours ago, ztnoo said:

had checked out by a doctor.

If I did that even with the serious stuff I'd have a hospital or clinic named after me by now! Sides the wife also brought home one of those skin staplers for the really bad ones..:D now those things are really cool. When yer done stapling yerself up you can use them for upholster work, fix rips in yer skivvies and lots of other things. :laughing-rolling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

ACman
43 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

No way... when I cut myself the Captain or cobbler sanitizes it on the way out with the blood.. :lol:

If I did that even with the serious stuff I'd have a hospital or clinic named after me by now! Sides the wife also brought home one of those skin staplers for the really bad ones..:D now those things are really cool. When yer done stapling yerself up you can use them for upholster work, fix rips in yer skivvies and lots of other things. :laughing-rolling: 

Same here let it bleed out for a bit then get it to stop. Try to get it to stay shot and lather on the glue. Never got a infection that way even  the chainsaw D8F2C84A-3350-4042-9668-6A025EFBBCBE.gif.f03714f5a87c89026618488782f40d3a.gif cut on my leg was fixed this way . I guess if the glue didn’t work the duct board stapler would get it done but I’d need a lot of 7D00FB71-486B-45C0-A980-1197510C253A.gif.343eb2a5a3a3d2d0a3570a352761b95b.gifcaptain in me to do that .... :lol: ! Hospitals were a last resort option back in the day as were most of the porta potties .

As far as the scar goes I’d tell everyone I fought off the Bray Rd. monster 0AD2A589-D3FC-4790-8474-438793A50356.gif.1164c34bedf7646ad00ddf3b7d832f51.gif.... :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 4

Ed Kennell

Make sure that wound is healed   BEFORE  you visit the hospital.

See the source image

• Haha 5

WHX??
2 hours ago, ACman said:

lather on the glue.

They say you use glue from a horse you get this nasty addiction??? :huh:

• Haha 3

squonk

This is what you want to use right here Loctite 404 O-ring glue. Nothing sticks better and lasts like it. :)

download.jpg.c8c77bb0e5dc9287189e68ecbec83d9c.jpg

• Like 3

Digger 66
20 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

That's probably gonna leave a mark..er scar. trophy .

Fixed :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Ya know you ain't too far off Digger... just to please the SWMBO  I once watched a program on the boob tube with her on judgeing dogs and livestock. It was said that if a animal has an HONORABLE scar it cannot be used against grading the animal. That said being injured during resto of  a horse HAS to be honorable right? :lol:

Edited by Madgex21
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

19richie66

Absolutely 👍

• Like 1