The904

Newbie-FLA

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

SPINJIM

"You done good."  The mid-70s were some of the best years for Wheel Horse, and '73 was the only year they just gave the models the No-Name horsepower designation.  It's basically a Raider 14 or a C-140.  I have a C-120 and a No-name 16, and they are almost bullet proof.   Someone did some work on yours, probably to sell it.  The wheels look good, and must have been repainted.   The seat springs are on backwards;  if you reverse them, you'll have a softer ride.   The lever that lifts the deck has a stop on it, and someone replaced the adjustment knob with some kind of silver handle.  The black knobs are readily available (Toro, etc.) and will give you more adjustability than that silver handle.  If the engine bogs down, might want to check the deck spindles and lube the grease fittings to make sure the blades are spinning freely.   Shouldn't bog down with that 14 horse unless you're in very deep grass or if your engine needs some tuning.  Make sure the deck is level when cutting.  Nice tractor. Good luck with it, and welcome to Red Square.

Jim

• Like 7

moe1965

Nice ride. Muffler doesn't look like it is on corectally or it may be the wrong one 

20190129_170209.jpg

KC9KAS

@The904 Nice looking machine! I have a couple of uncles and families in the Tampa area!

I have been to St. Augustine (fountain of youth) that is why I am such good shape....:ROTF:

Oh, and :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Haha 5

953 nut

:WRS:

My sister-in-law lives in St Augustine, love visiting there. Tractor Supply can provide most of what you need on belts and filters. The rear discharge mower deck can't be converted to side discharge, but I have found that mine does a good job of mulching clippings. A pull behind lawn sweeper will do a better job on those Oak leaves than a bagger ever wood. When I lived in Florida I always found that they would clog up the discharge of the mower and never make it to the bagger.

The Tuul Crib

Nice catch ! I'm am a little  envious . I t looks to be in excellent condition. Enjoy your new toy!

and :text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Sparky

Great looking machine! If your correct on the motor numbers you have a 16hp under the hood, which is a nice upgrade.

:WRS:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977

Your deck needs to be adjusted. It looks to be way to low in the front. There is a adjust rod that attaches to the back of the lift bar that needs to be adjusted. The deck when setting on level concrete pad the front of the deck should only be 1/2" lower then the back.  

Check your deck spindle bearing to see if the turn free. Also the idler on the deck and the mule drive idlers in the front. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

WHX??

:WRS: 904

Parts can be had right here through members should you need something specific. Ask questions if you have them. Manuals should be here for the tractor and deck should you need them. 

No doubt you have come to the right place for anything :wh:. Great bunch of folks here willing to help out with anything.

• Like 1

WHGuy413

Nice looking tractor. With proper and regular maintenance it will handle your 1 acre yard with no problem at all.

gwest_ca

BHunter

Hi @The904,  

welcome to RedSquare. That’s a nice looking machine. It’s too bad I don’t live in St. Auggie anymore. I’d trade you my nice side discharge for your rear discharge. Good luck with your horse. 

I went down there last year to visit my friends and I was surprised how much the town has grown. US 1 is very busy now. 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very nice ride you picked up. Best of luck.

:wh:.  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

Tuneup

That is a beautiful machine and, considering the appearance of that deck, he likely went through the spindles. Turn the knob on the mule drive in front clockwise to release any belt tension on the deck pulley AND the mule drive pulleys. Check that they turn freely. You'll likely find the problem area. Start shopping for a proper muffler. Everything looks perfect EXCEPT for that thing. Even a basic pepper pot with galvanized will look better. I'm kinda vain about my Wheel Horses...

ericj

front wheels need to be swapped. Valve stems on horse are on the inside. looks real good, good luck with your new toy

eric j

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:  You've come to the right place.  Nothing but friendly folks here willing to answer all your questions.