Sign in to follow this  
TT

More barn finds...

TT

Did any of you guys ever visit this site?

http://www.carsinbarns.com/

I have spent quite a bit of time there -- and I'm sure everyone can come up with at least one vehicle in their area that would fit on this site.

I can think of quite a few around here, whether they're cars, big trucks, farm tractors, etc. that when inquired about the same answers are usually heard: "it ain't for sale" or better yet: "I'm gonna restore that someday".

perry

hey thanks for the link. i always love stumbling upon old iron in a field or exploring junk yards & old barns.

TT

Like the 1936 Farmall F-20 at the farm across the road from me. It was pulled up to the edge of the woods near one of the upper fields around 1969 and has sat there ever since. The tires have sunk in to the rims and a tree had grown around the steering post and was starting to damage the radiator core! Every movable part was also rusted fast, but the owner claims that "It was Pap's -- one day we're gonna pull it down to the garage and fix it up again" :P YEAH, RIGHT! :D

chevelletown

Thanks for the link :D Hey wait a minute some of those cars are mine :P

pond195520032003

Terry, thanks for the link :o i guess im guilty of the same thing :( i used to have 5 57 chevys :o a 58 austin taxi cab, several impalas, and other cars i was going to restore :D i ended up selling them to maybe give them new life :o anyway here is what i found a couple years ago and guess what, its still there :P:(http://www.yesterdaystruck.com/cgi-bin/trp...r=corvair%20van wish i could get my hands on it :( greg in s.e. ohio

Greg B.

Thanks for the link, Terry. A nice stroll down memory lane.

Greg B.

TT

Glad you all are enjoying it!

Sure is a lot of "good" junk on there, huh? :D

TT

I'm pretty sure this Plymouth is a 1941. It's along one of the routes I used to travel frequently here in PA. I'd say it's been there a while too -- and I doubt you'd need to use the running board to help you climb in. :D

Feb01531.jpg

pond195520032003

Terry, looks like a 41 to me also :D like them old cars! bought a 1946 dodge fluid drive with suicide doors once for $50.00 sat for 20 years and i thought it was a good deal untill i tried to tow it and both A arms broke loose and the front tires were both facing the sky :P :(

TT

Sheesh, Greg! That wouldn't be good. :P

I know quite a few years ago my uncle traded a rough '35 Ford coupe for two '63 Galaxies and I watched the coupe tear in two while they were trying to get it on the rollback. :D

T-Mo

TT,

Nice link. I also heard that "It ain't for sale!" and the "I'm going to restore that someday!". (Hey, wait a minute - I said that a time or two also! :D )