Sign in to follow this  
jeep.freak

tiller attachment

jeep.freak

I have a 1969 and a 1971 gt14's. Im interested in finding a tiller. Ive found a few but didnt go the distance because Im not sure which models fit my tractor. Im not intirely sure where the power comes from, is a double pulley on the hydro pump or does the pto power it. Anyhow any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Buzz

Your GT-14 takes either a 7-1231 or 7-1232 model tiller. They need the 3 point hitch.

refracman

:omg: Jeep

The Gt14 tiller is a special built just for it. You are correct that it takes a double pulley in place of the single on the hydro pump, but there is a catch the gt14 had 3 different hydro pump shafts configurations, single flat, double flat and splined. It would be prudent to see which one you have before purchaseing the pulley. You will also need the 3pt stablizer ( attaches to the lower arms), upper arm link with the hieght control rod and the belt guide.

If interested I can provide you with pics,I also have a complete setup available with whichever pulley.

edit: there are 3 configurations but 4 different pulley arragments, forgot the 1969 pulley that fitted into the stock pulley, got one of thems too

jeep.freak

I would love to see those pics, Ive had trouble finding anything on the subject. If you could give me a look Id really appreciate it. Id also be interested in that setup, depending on details.

refracman

This is the tiller you'll need along with all the peices, 3pt assembly,pulley and 3pt stabilizer and lift assembly.

I think the splined pulley is on one of the GTs,hmmm to many danged tractors :omg: But like I said you will have to determine which pulley you'll need.

008-9.jpg

009-6.jpg

012-5.jpg

011-5.jpg

014-6.jpg

baerpath

Jeep freak

If you close by I have a complete setup on a 71. Only dif from Steves is mine my 3pt is seperate from the mower lift. I'm in NY

Duane

jeep.freak

My tractor only has the lift on the back no three point, is that what im looking at? Im in charlottesville, Va. shipping would be the only way. What would this setup cost me? Thank you for your help.

refracman

Jeep

Why not take a pic of the back or you tractor and that way we can see what youll need.

Shipping the small pieces would cost around $30-40 but the tiller would be rather expensive.

If bearpath has the setup it would be somewhat cheaper to ship.

I know Glenn27 lives around you and he might be able to help you out also.

If your not in a hurry I'm thinking of going to the show again this year so that is also a possibility.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7031

baerpath

Not trying to jump in Steve, just thought if he was close by and wanted to see one all together. I have one :drool: He's only 10 hrs away from me :omg: I do go to Standardsville Va sometimes.

Duane

jeep.freak

Im not in any big hurry. I will pull the tractor out of the shed tomorrow and take a few pics. Ill post them so we all know where we are, thanks again!

refracman

bearpath, no worries :drool: with jeep being so far form me it makes it a unfeasable for him unless he waits till the show to get it from me or is into long drives :omg:

jeep.freak

Here is a picture of the back of my gt.

Attached Image

post-4-1238615031.jpg

refracman

Jeep

What have on there now is a clevis type hitch I believe. I see you still have the ags on it though, the correct ones are hard to come by.

So you will need tiller, 3pt setup for a tiller and double pulley, belt gaurd and belt.

This is what the 3pt bearpath has which is independent of the mid lift.

The 3pt. set up in my previous post pic is the style which works with the mid lift.

020.jpg

jeep.freak

Refracman, thank you for the info and pics thats helped considerably! Now at least I know exactly what Im looking for. Was that unit you pictured available?

jeep.freak

Yeah Got lucky, those ag tires were on a parts tractor i bought. Actually it turned out that tractor was complete only lacking a pully for the tranny.