Pullstart

Hug your loved ones and never pass on the right

pfrederi

I think you have had enough stress for awhile.   Wishing you a better few weeks ahead

Sparky

Wow! Not a great time for your wife’s folks! 

Hopefully things get better from here (and they don’t end up fighting with an insurance company)

Super-C 4 me
On 1/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, pullstart said:

About 5:30 last night my father in law called, my jokingly nature was quickly distinguished when I learned that my mother in law had been hit by a truck checking the mail.  I made the 6 or 7 mile trek to their house in about 4 minutes, to find her in the ambulance and police taking statements.  A vehicle was stopped in the road to turn left into a private drive directly across from their driveway so she proceeded to open the mailbox.  A too fast to stop truck decided it safe to pass the Tahoe on the right, clipping her.  I was so relieved to see her in that van moving her legs and able to focus and speak.  Those are things we brag about when babies start growing.  We shouldn’t have to be excited when the rest of our family is able to perform those functions because someone wasn’t paying attention, or driving too fast.  

She’s got 6 broken ribs and a punctured right lung with some air in her chest cavity, but expecting 6-8 weeks of intense pain and a full recovery.  

Call your parents, or kids or siblings.  Remind them that you love ‘em.  I’m glad to still have that ability today.

Sorry to hear of this

I'm always reading your posts

953 nut

Sorry to hear this. Loosing one's home is tragic enough, but under the circumstances it is so appalling. My prayers for your wife's family continue.

Tractorhead

Oh Boy Kevin,

not good news, except M.I.L. Is getting better.

My Prayers still with you and your Family.

so much troubles news in such short Timeline... Nowbody needs that.

Loosing everything you have, is allmost a disaster.

Wish you and you Family a lot of Energy, to withstand all that Troubles.

To you Mom in Law best convalescent, and to you a lot of mental Power, to keep them up.

I honestly wish you have enough Power, to support them, without burn out yourself.

May the Father give you the Power you need, the Force to reconstruct and the strength to be the Rock in your Woman,s Surf.

May all circumstands getting better, from now on and in the Future, to you all 

and you all shall have the Power and the Vigor to solve that issues and come back to normal quick.

May the Father send you a robust mentality.

May the Father sent you a short break, to breathtaking and solve the issues.

May he give you the Power and Force, bring things quick to a good final.

Amen

• Like 5

Pullstart

Thanks again all, we went back today and found out from a plow customer that they dispatched the fire department a second time after everyone had left.  My father in-law and I went inside the stable spots looking for anything we could gather and put elsewhere on the property, passports, etc.  I hope to salvage Grandpa’s rifles and shotguns, we looked again for th remnants of the cat.  I can’t get the taste out of my mouth, I’ve been chewing gum like crazy, had spicy food, sweets, it just won’t go away.  The Red Cross told us this was something like the 158th fire dispatch they have been on in Michigan so far in 2019.  I am thankful for the firefighters willing to risk their life to help people they have never met, for the community who offers help.  Someone plowed a whole development for me today with their side by side.  He was hoping it was good enough for me, I couldn’t thank him enough.  

It’s time for a bit of rest before getting up early again for more plowing.  everyone stay warm these next couple days, I heard we are looking at record low temps in Michigan... possibly -35 degrees Fahrenheit wind chills!

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Kevin my man. Here's hoping you and your family's bad luck has run out for awhile.

Pullstart

Yeah, I’m ready for a change.  No sleep from plowing, can’t sleep thinking.  EB, I am ALMOST tired of too much coffee.

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, pullstart said:

tired of too much coffee

I've been there Brotherman.

Not by the terrible circumstances you have...

Keep trying to smile.

LengerichKA88
20 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Yeah, I’m ready for a change.  No sleep from plowing, can’t sleep thinking.  EB, I am ALMOST tired of too much coffee.

Look at the positives:

had your MIL not been at the hospital, she could very well have been stuck in that house. Somentimes life has a weird way of looking out for us. 

You need to try and get some decent rest though, for everyone’s sake. You don’t want to be behind the wheel, tired, and make a mistake that gets you hurt too. Or gets someone else hurt. Do your best to take care of yourself so you can take care of everyone else like you want and need to. 

Continued thoughts and prayers. 

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 1

Tractorhead

Hey kevin,

still send you some positive Vibes and also some Prayers for your whole Family.

I'm in thought with you.

greets over the big pond 

Stefan.

Pullstart

I’m listening to the radio, they said if you have money in the bank and a home with food, you are among the world’s 8% richest.  Change the channel and hear the Star Spangled Banner.  I look up and see Old Glory.  We are strong, we will get through this.

FF266902-2DAB-40E6-AA0D-64F81F06AB08.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Pullstart

I’m listening to the radio, they said if you have money in the bank and a home with food, you are among the world’s 8% richest.  Change the channel and hear the Star Spangled Banner.  I look up and see Old Glory.  We are strong, we will get through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

Kev, Prayers for you & your family. I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. May you and the family be blessed in the next few days, weeks, and months. May Godspeed be with you all. You have a family here who is willing to help if needed you just have to ask.

Pullstart

A bit of an update, she was discharged yesterday and they came to stay here with us.  Th girls gladly gave them a room and moved in together.  It was good to see her mobile and smiling.  She says this is the beginning of her new “minimalist” lifestyle :handgestures-thumbupright:  Time to go push snow again, drive safe!  We’ve had constant snow for 3 days now, I do believe.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Tractorhead

Hey Kevin, 

glad to hear things getting better.

best wishes and Prayers to you and all who's needed.

Pullstart

It’s -14 here and I stopped in to Walmart to get a heated blanket for the inlaws.  I get to see both ends of the rainbow and a beautiful bright sun!  That’s a great sight after 3 days of constant blowing snow!

00C91249-480B-49C0-BE1B-9412DB86752C.jpeg

EDD73F63-474B-4F0E-BE6E-3805F374517F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

It shall it was Time to Plow,

with your horse some Snow.

Sure with the Truck, the bigger

it was much easier and quicker,

but with the horse it's more Fun - you know.

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

A couple more “inspirational” pictures of the cold and snow.  @19richie66, @clueless, here’s to your cold 40’s!  

51332DAB-6015-4F19-9B01-87B0D4D11080.jpeg

54908D64-4EA1-44C0-AE27-A3412EBDE1C5.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

It shall it was Time to Plow,

with your horse some Snow.

Sure with the Truck, the bigger

it was much easier and quicker,

but with the horse it's more Fun - you know.

You have a valid point indeed,

could you do all this with your noble steed?

407CEC36-3A5F-4BC7-9FD8-996D47CE9AE3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead

Depending on time i have...🤔

but i case only of the doing, i'm sure yes, honestly my little Workhorse Is able to do that.

first with plow, after with FEL...

About the Timeframe hmmmm, i'm not so sure, because of the max. speed in maybe 2Days...😂😂😂

.....but with a looooot of Fun, some more Coffee and with a big green in the Face while Plow.

but - because i love my little Workhorse, i plan an additional "Supporter" to keep it continouse working.

The rape and hard Work i have done with, shows first light Wear on Frontaxle.

The Trip for tomorrow was prepared and planed.

Trailer was hooked, all systems are ready, Car seems healthy.

Let's go...

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Excellent 1

clueless
On 1/31/2019 at 10:20 AM, pullstart said:

A couple more “inspirational” pictures of the cold and snow.  @19richie66, @clueless, here’s to your cold 40’s!  

51332DAB-6015-4F19-9B01-87B0D4D11080.jpeg

54908D64-4EA1-44C0-AE27-A3412EBDE1C5.jpeg

Kev, hang in there brother. As far as temps it never got above 54 Tuesday and Wednesday, today high suppose to be 62, I'm getting ready to hang some ribs on the smoker :thumbs:.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Actual i'm on the Trip for Pickup..

here was also a bit Snowy...

... Just a bit 😳image.jpeg.927940468d8ffebecdd35731210eacdf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a2230ab199c0c2e38bd68877c45e932a.jpeg

Wondering, how they plow Snow....

We have our Coffeetime then i see something, i doubt on my mind...

look at this... Seriously

image.jpeg.41cd1429c76416872ba71eb596684a7a.jpeg

Can not imagine, what i see, but i wasn't the true.

he just play a bit with the Snow, then he drove away... 

Nice place to play... Haha

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Weather forecast tells me at Sunday some Snow.....

Be curious what they meaning with "some Snow"

• Like 1

Pullstart

Well, just a little time has passed since all this crazy happenings started.  It hasn’t seemed to stop much.  I’ve put a transmission in my plow truck, now it’s in the shop for me to diagnose if it needs a transfer case.  The backup plow rig needed a brake line, starter, a few odds and ends, this jet stream tells the forecasters to keep planning for snow storm after snow storm.  

Yesterday I brought MIL in to the walk in clinic for an updated x-ray.  She has had shortness of breath, and it kept getting worse.  A couple hours passed and they called her.  I noticed her slouched over on the couch sobbing.  Her right lung had filled with fluid and had zero air capacity.  Her left lung was working to keep bodily functions working, there wasn’t much left for things like talking.  We brought her to the ER, where they were expecting her and quickly admitted her for a chest tube water seal to drain the lung.  So far in about 20 hours, three liters of fluid has drained.  The doc said her lung had been collapsed for two or three days.  They plan to be in until at least tomorrow for further draining and monitoring, but she can breathe and talk much better now.

I forgot to mention previously but if you have any experience with first responder, e.m.s, firefighter, police work, military, etc, bless you.  You don’t have to do what you do, risking your life for strangers, but you do anyways.  You are a living angel and you’ll never truly know how much you’re appreciated.  

• Like 1
  • Heart 7