LengerichKA88

My favorite Red tractor

ebinmaine

Very very nice! Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

I absolutely love that tractor.

Tractors are like women, just so happens when it comes to both I like redheads... there may be hundreds of redheaded women and H’s still around, but I’ve found both of the ones I wanna keep 😂

You could park that one in a line of 99 more and I’d still pick it out. 

• Haha 1

WHNJ701

Looks warm and sunny...

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
52 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Looks warm and sunny...

That’s because they’re from last spring I believe 😂

Edited by KyleLengerich

The Tuul Crib

Farm tough farmall! Looks like it was well loved! 

• Excellent 1

ohiofarmer

I have a "C" Farmall.  We had a bunch of steel fence posts to pull. All you have to do is wrap a medium chain around the post and run the chain through the slot in the wheel and roll forward. The rotating tire raises the post straight up out of the ground, easy peasy

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
37 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

I have a "C" Farmall.  We had a bunch of steel fence posts to pull. All you have to do is wrap a medium chain around the post and run the chain through the slot in the wheel and roll forward. The rotating tire raises the post straight up out of the ground, easy peasy

That’s pretty dang smart! 

LengerichKA88
3 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Farm tough farmall! Looks like it was well loved! 

It is, and will be for a long time I hope. 

JCM

Nice H Kyle, I have owned a Super A since 1988.Have been working on it for some time. I hope to have it back in operation this summer, unfortunately I have considered it may be time to let someone else have some fun with it.I do have many attachments ,rear tire chains, 4 wheel weights etc This tractor was used for mowing before I owned it and picked up the attachments as I went along.I will try to post some pictures this summer when it is completed. If I do sell it I will probably have to look the other way when it goes down the driveway,If Eric B and I can pull off the meet n greet in September maybe we can listen to it idle to help put us to sleep Saturday night.        P.S. This tractor is one heck of a snowplowing machine and I have never mounted the rear tire chains since I took ownership.   Thanks for the Great pictures of Her standing tall made in the USA.             Jim

• Excellent 2

LengerichKA88
2 hours ago, JCM said:

Nice H Kyle, I have owned a Super A since 1988.Have been working on it for some time. I hope to have it back in operation this summer, unfortunately I have considered it may be time to let someone else have some fun with it.I do have many attachments ,rear tire chains, 4 wheel weights etc This tractor was used for mowing before I owned it and picked up the attachments as I went along.I will try to post some pictures this summer when it is completed. If I do sell it I will probably have to look the other way when it goes down the driveway,If Eric B and I can pull off the meet n greet in September maybe we can listen to it idle to help put us to sleep Saturday night.        P.S. This tractor is one heck of a snowplowing machine and I have never mounted the rear tire chains since I took ownership.   Thanks for the Great pictures of Her standing tall made in the USA.             Jim

I would love to have a big tractor, or four, but I need to move off this postage stamp first 😂. I think my uncles only had this one for about 10 years, but it’s stayed in his family I believe since it was new (could be wrong). 

Hes got a couple others, but this one is his baby. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, JCM said:

,If Eric B and I can pull off the meet n greet in September maybe we can listen to it idle to help put us to sleep Saturday night  

Works for me.

• Like 1

Pullstart
23 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

My uncle has a 1948 Farmall H. It’s the real life version of the toy I had as a kid that made me love tractors. I don’t know all the history of it, but I do know that it’s been in the family for some time. I’d asked my aunt to send me some pictures of it, and she’d found these great shots she’d taken of it, and I figured they’d be well received here. Enjoy! 

83B625A6-2A1A-45B8-8367-8324DE2F328A.jpeg

E9B83E13-12A6-419D-A66D-4471E3AB2FA3.jpeg

9B7B7AF6-E785-4C60-A42C-80781929FACE.jpeg

724BC01A-923D-440A-8EB2-D8D91DC66152.jpeg

Makes me think I need to start over with Frank, but taller rears, tricycle front end, and an RJ hood!  

LengerichKA88
Just now, pullstart said:

Makes me think I need to start over with Frank, but taller rears, tricycle front end, and an RJ hood!  

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! 😂😂😂:ychain:

I have very similar plans in mind for Peggy (Charger 10). I need to attempt to put the thoughts to paper, but I’m not the best artist.  

• Excellent 1

C-85

When I was a W/H dealer and attending their training they mentioned how most all the little kids story books that had tractors in them were red.  The theory was that we were all brought up from a young age to expect red tractors.  With the absence of of a lot of red I wonder if they're now being conditioned to think green? :(

C-85

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

LengerichKA88
2 minutes ago, C-85 said:

When I was a W/H dealer and attending their training they mentioned how most all the little kids story books that had tractors in them were red.  The theory was that we were all brought up from a young age to expect red tractors.  With the absence of of a lot of red I wonder if they're now being conditioned to think green? :(

C-85

Now that you mention it, I had a few JD toys, and I remember having at least one blue Ford tractor toy, but they weren’t as fun to play with, probably because I subconsciously associated red Farmall tractor with a “Real” tractor more...... because it is red. 

I say “is” because it’s the only toy tractor I’ve kept all these years, still have it. 

18F95C7A-C30B-4E2B-99CA-E1B826E644C3.jpeg

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

That is a beautiful H...Farmalls are one of my other passions, along with the N series Fords. Had a chance to buy an M last summer but let it slip away. Was out at a friends shop who collects tractors helping him work on his Deere 720 and he mentioned selling one of the M's he had sitting behind the shop. Went home and thought about it, called him up the next day to see what he wanted for it, but I was too late, another guy showed up about 20 minutes after I left the night before and bought it for $600. 

Worked out a deal with another friend of mine to buy this 51 Cub for $1100 several months ago, just need to quit buying tools and toolboxes long enough to get the money together to go get it :lol:

IMG_20180520_211641.jpg

IMG_20180520_211653.jpg

IMG_20180520_211702.jpg

• Like 2

T-Mo
On 2/15/2019 at 12:48 AM, Professor1990 said:

That is a beautiful H...Farmalls are one of my other passions, along with the N series Fords. Had a chance to buy an M last summer but let it slip away. Was out at a friends shop who collects tractors helping him work on his Deere 720 and he mentioned selling one of the M's he had sitting behind the shop. Went home and thought about it, called him up the next day to see what he wanted for it, but I was too late, another guy showed up about 20 minutes after I left the night before and bought it for $600. 

Worked out a deal with another friend of mine to buy this 51 Cub for $1100 several months ago, just need to quit buying tools and toolboxes long enough to get the money together to go get it :lol:

There is a '48 Cub in northern Arkansas for $800 that runs, but will need a lot, I mean, a lot of work, and will need tires.  If I didn't have a '47 and a '50 Cub already, I might go get it.  It's just over 2 hours away, but I don't really need it, nor have room for it, unless I sell some of my "other" red tractors.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/485306901540776?view=permalink&id=2424096924328421

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Figured I'd share this with you all...

Trina found it at the Mennonite store this morning.

IMG952019022395145030476.jpg.21e6a0a05fcf64ce053f3a89a51a0adb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

LengerichKA88
On 2/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, ebinmaine said:

Figured I'd share this with you all...

Trina found it at the Mennonite store this morning.

IMG952019022395145030476.jpg.21e6a0a05fcf64ce053f3a89a51a0adb.jpg

Well, you’ve got my address, let me know when it’s on the way 😂:ychain:

Thats a cool little find! 

• Haha 1