Solze1267

D250 restoration

Solze1267

Well a little late to post this (actually months late but hey life happens) but I purchased this D250 which runs rough and is stuck in low range but still moves. Over the next few months myself along with my father are going to tear this beast down and completely rebuild this back to its former glory. I also have the original mower deck to go along with it. If anyone has any incite on these tractors feel free to comment. I will post pictures along the way.

F50E841B-4005-4BE2-A02F-6674D9541991.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Terry M

I have always liked the looks of this model Wheel Horse:).....Looking forward to following the restore!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I know very little about the bigger hosses but I'll be here watching.

Good luck!!

• Like 2

Super-C 4 me

Hey Don,

Brian from Mass. You grabbed a headlight and cables from me.

I'm guessing that's you.

I'll be following this thread also.

Good luck, Give me a holler if you need anything.

B

• Like 1

Solze1267

@bmiller0457 yep its me. Luckily i believe i still have your number if i need to pick your brain. Glad you can be along for the ride

• Like 3

Solze1267

Ok so a little update on the restoration. Due to overtime at work and some unforeseen family emergencies I haven’t been able to do much on the tractor. BUT I was able to finally meet up with @bmiller0457 and snag this snow blower and parts tractor off of him. I am also working with my paint supplier on a color match for the tractor since under the seat pans on both tractors is not faded out at all. I will post a formula for it once we have it. Progress will be slow but continued until overtime slows down at work then watch out!

9548FCAC-7A6E-4BE8-B567-5626AA28D8DA.jpeg

Edited by Solze1267
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Super-C 4 me

It was nice to finally meet you @Solze1267 , Good Luck with the rest of your project.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

• Like 2

Solze1267

Well more pieces are rolling in. For some reason I always get some of the finishing pieces first...always have doesn’t matter what it is. Got my decals in today from Redoyourhorse and they look great. Now to get to the point of being ready to put them on.3370E29C-74DF-4422-B605-D7CC646EA606.png.48bb9de83bf81010e4326657566b78f2.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Solze1267

Finally the D250 is back in the shop to get worked on and is joined by it's little brother rj58 who goes perfectly up on the work bench... Slow and steady wins the race

IMG_20191005_163200727.jpg

• Like 1