mowerman1193

Snowblower Shoot Cable Replacement Procedure

mowerman1193

I know this info is on here somewhere because I used it the last time I changed one.. but not able to find it..

I know there is a procedure of wrapping it a number of times in a certain direction and then connecting it up.. you'd think I'd remember it because I just did it about 10 years ago.. dealer wanted about $20 for a little small cable..smaller than the original.. said that Toro changed them and they are smaller now.. he open the package and measured it ( just under 5ft.) for me and suggested getting the heavier cable at a hardware store.. I bought two of them at 5 foot for less than $10.. 
:lol: 

Any info to jog my brain on the procedure much appreciated..

cleat

If you can find the manual for your blower it should have what you need in it.

gwest_ca

Operator manual. Starting with the 1975 models like this one  the cable wrapped on a spool on the chute crank. Earlier models had no spool and the cable went through the crank shaft. Click on picture.

No spool

Garry

mowerman1193

Thank you very much.. I had thought I printed this the last time but now that I think about it.. I saved the PDF to my external drive that crashed on me last year.. Who knew you should backup your backup drive :lol: