Red144runner

Ready for the storm

moe1965

I'm ready here in North East Ohio as well I just added a little weight to both sides of the c141 with some scraps I had laying around. I left the bolts a little long in case I have to add a little more. Got about 2 in on the drive now 

20190119_145304.jpg

Edited by moe1965
More info
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Digger 66

You guys are supposed to get it good .

Be safe !

We're getting it here too but we have Lake Effect to follow .

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
5 minutes ago, moe1965 said:

I'm ready here in North East Ohio as well I just added a little weight to both sides of the c141 with some scraps I had laying around. I left the bolts a little long in case I have to add a little more. Got about 2 in on the drive now 

20190119_145304.jpg

:rolleyes: Nice, scraps from what?  :scratchead:

• Like 1

pfrederi

Well as usual the weather weanies got everybody panicked...State banned tractor trailers and buses from the interstates starting at noon.  Run in circles scream and shout.  Now they have dropped the 12-18 inches to 4-8.... I even rearranged the snow horses so the Blower could be first out the door if the snow was too deep for he plow..Probably wasted my time.

• Like 1

rjg854

I'm in the Finger Lakes region of NY and they're calling for 12-20" of snow for us. I wouldn't mind some seat time, but we don't need 20" of snow.  With single degree temperatures and high winds. 

• Like 2

608KEB
54 minutes ago, Red144runner said:

If you believe the forecasters in the northeast you’d think we are in for another ice age, at one point I’d heard over 2’ of snow. Now claiming 4”-8”. Either way I haven’t plowed once this season. Very late for no snow around here. Just put the blade on yesterday. Changed the oil and hung the suitcase weights out back. I can’t wait to try my new tru-power ags I the snow. I had deestones on last year and it pushed fine without chains, I think these will grip even better. 

C0D8AFB7-F4F9-49C1-9922-B23F1816F944.jpeg

5C98EDD6-2E45-4A9E-B82E-1CD917271838.jpeg

74CB7A18-8E5A-4481-84C0-16111FF2494B.jpeg

You got er rigged up!

Wishin4a416

You look ready. I got ready also. Forecast was 5-8, then 3-5, then 2-4, then 1-3 and now less than 1. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Razorback
1 hour ago, moe1965 said:

20190119_145304.jpg

Do those scraps allow the front axle to still pivot freely?

• Like 1

briankd

weather guessers her got it wrong we were suppose to be all snow about a foot on the ground it rained for about 5 hrs here today just now changed to snow only have about 4-5 hrs left of the storm. mostly all ice we was without power for about 5 hrs today. with the ice my drive will just blow off with the high winds we have. guess will be waiting for the next storm for plowing snow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red144runner

I was talking to the guys at the lumber yard today, said it seems that in the last few years the forecasts have been more inaccurate than ever. They predict these horrible storms a week ahead, give them a name like a hurricane then as it gets closer they slowly back off the original prediction. I believe that new outlets forecast for ratings. I usually follow noaa, seems to be fairly accurate. Hopefully we don’t get the freezing rain. I got my saws fueled up and another gallon ofbar oil too. 5 gal ofgas for the generator if we need it

B4565017-B4FF-41FF-B62E-1F878EB3B9D7.jpeg

• Like 1

moe1965
3 hours ago, Razorback said:

Do those scraps allow the front axle to still pivot freely?

Yes I milled a slot  by the axle so it can walk freely as it should. Picture is deceiving.  

Edited by moe1965

WHNJ701

I agree with you 100%, the media is a joke with these storms it's about tv ratings and causing people go out shopping to spend $$, Go on you tube and watch all the staged and fake weather reports from the actors at the weather channel 

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

The media try's to run our lives if we let em !!!:confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

We're all set here in Maine for a 14" predicted snowfall.

Tractor and both snowblowers are gassed up and ready.

I have a bit of a weather watching obsession.

I look at the websites of the local channels to see what they say but I actually follow NWS.

Because I work outside I like to have an idea what the weather is actually going to be.

When we're hiking in the White Mountains we NEED to know. The Mt Washington area has some of the most aggressive and rapidly changing conditions possible.

I've found NWS to be the most accurate and most often updated.

• Like 2

Razorback
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

I agree with you 100%, the media is a joke with these storms it's about tv ratings and causing people go out shopping to spend $$, Go on you tube and watch all the staged and fake weather reports from the actors at the weather channel 

Not too long ago I would not have guessed that you could guess about the weather 24hrs per day. Some of these guessers act like it’s never been winter before, and a few months from now it’ll be a crisis when it’s hot and dry.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mows4three
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

Count my vote, too.   Winter storm names?   Total BS.  

Dave

• Like 3

WHNJ701

I am no big city weather man but I know when I see a sundog in the west it's going to storm in 24 hrs, watch the ring around the moon, ask the fall bow deer hunters how thick the fat is etc...

• Like 4

The Tuul Crib
8 hours ago, Mows4three said:

Count my vote, too.   Winter storm names?   Total BS.  

Dave

:text-yeahthat:

briankd

we ended up only getting 4 inches but the weather guessers was predicting a foot we had 50 mph winds all night and i had a 3 foot drift in front of my garage. i had no problem pushing it but i can see the worth of wrapping roller chains around front tires ice under snow i couldn't steer it. next year will be putting chains on front tires !

neighbor had his new cub cadet (Murray) tractor out with 2 stage blower and it was struggling to get thru drifts was comical to watch bout went over and helped him out with my horse  

Lane Ranger

Not much snow hit here in Greencastle, Indiana yesterday.    Much more north of here but I had the 854 and the Lawn Ranger out this am.  

073.JPG

074.JPG

076.JPG

081.JPG

082.JPG

084.JPG

080.JPG

079.JPG

068.JPG

088.JPG

• Excellent 2

Blackhood Bill

After blowing spark plug out of head, replacing head, replacing spark plugs and, I finally got some seat time and the satisfaction of knowing the :wh: is back up and running strong as ever.

8250.jpeg

Edited by Whnewone
  • Excellent 5

moe1965

Got drilled here 30 mi west of Cleveland both horses had fun

20190119_164123.jpg

Screenshot_20190120-160125.png

• Excellent 3

rjg854

Ended up with about 16" of snow here. The snow was almost to the top of the blower housing and it was perfect snow for throwing.  The tall chute I have threw it out there 40 or 50 feet. And I'm really pleased with the 16 auto its hooked to. What a relief to have the  hydraulic lift :thumbs:  It took a good 4 hours to do the 1/4 mile driveway, the circle to the house,  the barn and then to the horse shed. And even make a path to the bird feeders. That includes the snow blowing and then scrape it down with the plow tractor and blow that last wind row away. So seat time I got :banana-blonde:

• Excellent 5

Herder
7 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Ended up with about 16" of snow here. The snow was almost to the top of the blower housing and it was perfect snow for throwing.  The tall chute I have threw it out there 40 or 50 feet. And I'm really pleased with the 16 auto its hooked to. What a relief to have the  hydraulic lift :thumbs:  It took a good 4 hours to do the 1/4 mile driveway, the circle to the house,  the barn and then to the horse shed. And even make a path to the bird feeders. That includes the snow blowing and then scrape it down with the plow tractor and blow that last wind row away. So seat time I got :banana-blonde:

I ran my C160 with the blower for about an hour today, it was awesome. I love that tractor. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1