stuppy62

Front end loader

stuppy62

I recently picked this tractor and loader up, haven't got to do much with it because of the weather. I bought it for the loader, I've been wanting one for a long time I even considered building one.

I plan on putting the loader on my 520H (I'm currently waiting on a hydro pedal from Matt), this should be a nice set-up! The tractor it's on is a C-141 I was told, it's not a big enough tractor for a loader, the front axle's are already toed out and I can barely steer it and that's with nothing in the bucket. Does anyone recognize this loader, what brand? It seems well built and is self leveling. 

IMG_20190118_155645.jpg

IMG_20190118_155701.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

953 nut

Can't remember what brand it is, but have seen ones like it. Very cool feature is that the bucket will continue to be at the same angle as it is lifted.        :text-coolphotos:

stuppy62
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Can't remember what brand it is, but have seen ones like it. Very cool feature is that the bucket will continue to be at the same angle as it is lifted.        :text-coolphotos:

I've been google searching and I believe it's a Sears loader from the 70's.

• Like 1

roadapples

That 141 frame is as big as the 520 with the exception of the one inch spindles. Easy upgrade...

• Like 5

elliot ness

I think it is a Simpson, or Sampson  loader, they were made in Canada. they were made for Sears tractors, I have had a few of them, they are great loader, they lift real high and are strong as a bull.

elliot ness
9 minutes ago, elliot ness said:

I think it is a Simpson, or Sampson  loader, they were made in Canada. they were made for Sears tractors, I have had a few of them, they are great loader, they lift real high and are strong as a bull.

Sorry I was wrong, It is a Kwick / Way loader, I found a picture of one I had 10 years ago.

Copy of S3700003.JPG

• Like 3

stuppy62

I believe your right it is a kwick/way, on Sears tractors they mention Kwick/way, I'm sure Sears didn't actually make loaders. It's incouraging to hear they're good loaders, I thought it looked well built. I'm going to pull all the pivot pins out and grease them, there are no grease zerks. Someday I might make a bigger bucket, the one on it is only 36".

stuppy62

roadapples, your right about the frame size, but the 520 has a bigger stance, it's taller, 4" wider and 4" longer( because of the swept forward axle).

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
30 minutes ago, stuppy62 said:

roadapples, your right about the frame size, but the 520 has a bigger stance, it's taller, 4" wider and 4" longer( because of the swept forward axle).

But that very same swept forward front axle can be fitted to your 141 ,even the gear reduction steering eBay and even @A-Z Tractor has the parts you would want/need.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

roadapples

I put the swept forward axle and gear reduction steering on my 160. Also trailer hubs and wheels and tires. The tires are 6ply and hold 70psi, which helped steering almost as much as the gear reduction. I highly recommend on any loader tractor....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

stuppy62

I got my project complete 520H, Matt's hydro pedal and front end loader! Got to use it in the last snow and it worked great! I had to change the hydraulic lines around the controls worked backwards to what I'm used to, but the was no big deal. I can't wait to use it this spring on different projects.

IMG_20190227_092836.jpg

IMG_20190227_092847.jpg

IMG_20190302_101805.jpg

IMG_20190302_101823.jpg

IMG_20190302_113444.jpg

IMG_20190302_113535.jpg

IMG_20190302_113905.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

stuppy62

Does anyone know where I can get a new cutting edge for my loader bucket, it would need to be at least 44" long?

Thanks

wallfish

You can pick up steel bar stock at a good hardware store, scrap yard, metal fab shop, ect. It's mild steel but if you put a weld bead all along on the front cutting edge, it will be much harder and last longer. 

• Like 1

stuppy62
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

You can pick up steel bar stock at a good hardware store, scrap yard, metal fab shop, ect. It's mild steel but if you put a weld bead all along on the front cutting edge, it will be much harder and last longer. 

Thanks!

• Like 1