bellevillerod

416h is it a keeper?

bellevillerod

Hey guys I ran across a  416h in great shape with a deck. Guy used it to cut grass at his business and no longer has need of it. Been up for sale for a while nobody biting. Are these keepers or stay away for some reason? I know very little on the newer tractors, I was always drawn to the 70's and earlier models. I think it has an Onan in it? So what is a price that I have to buy and is there a reason I should walk? thanks  

The Tuul Crib

What kind of money does he want? 

bellevillerod
Just now, The Tool Crib said:

What kind of money does he want? 

300.00 is what he is asking, was 400 but he just dropped it today.

ebinmaine

Run and drive?

Deck solid?

Any known work to be done.?

Like you, I prefer the older full metal Hood but for $300 that sounds like a deal.

Edited by ebinmaine
Corrected an unnecessary question

Pollack Pete

It would be in my barn already.Had a 416-H with a 2 stage blower and cab.Sold it a couple yrs ago.Wish I still had it,but got much more than 300 bucks for it,so I let it go.New owner loves it, 

bellevillerod
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Run and drive?

Deck solid?

Like you, I prefer the older full metal Hood but for $300 that sounds like a deal.

I just spoke to him and he didn't even know what model it was I had to look hard at pic to see myself. It's either a 417A or 416H really hard to make out. He claims that he never had any issues other than a ripped seat and the center blade coming loose after a few mow's. I am going to see it in a couple of hours, from what I see in the pic it really looks good sheet metal wise. But will know more when I get my hands on it. I don't need another mower but I think I may be able to flip it to fund something I really want. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Is it the one in Westland?  The letter I definitely an H.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  looks a bit dusty, but well worth it!

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Run and drive?

Deck solid?

Eric, all the way up through the xi series(plastic bumper and grill) and most definitely the 3,4,&500 series Wheel Horse(TORO) have full metal hoods maybe just a few more safety switches but definitely just the younger brothers of the B-80 and C160 no plastic/fiberglass hoods like JD or CCC.

• Thanks 1