Chris G

Got a Bolens Ridemaster

ebinmaine

That's wicked cool Chris. Of course you know all of us children are going to want to see video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Chris G

I will upload some video for sure when I get it home. It sat in the tired iron tractor museum locally for awhile. The when they closed and auctioned everything off In 2012, the gentlemen bought it and he has had it since. So it's gonna need a good go over for sure. But I think it's gonna be fun!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Jojoca

There is another gentleman on the group that showed me his restored one last year.  It is now on my bucket list to have one haha. 

• Like 1

Razorback

Too cool, Chris! 

That looks fun!

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

Looks like all it needs is a good wash and decal set.  rims and tires look great that's a huge plus with those $$$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

Ya the paint is really good. It definitely needs a bath and decals. I will have to replace the rear tires, only cause there mismatched. I actually have a extra set of front tires for one of these. I been hanging on to them for along time, cause there original Firestone with the right tread pattern. They came off a walk behind, but are like new. I'm really excited to dig in on this one.

Chris G

Well I was finally able to get the bolens home today! I'll get better pics when I get it unloaded.

20190308_114819.jpg

20190308_155543.jpg

20190308_155755.jpg

20190308_155818.jpg

Edited by Chris G
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

Lookin forward to those pics Chris!!!

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

I’ll be following along on this one Chris:popcorn: that is one REALLY COOL piece of history!

• Like 2

Chris G

Well as of so far I have figured it out to be a 1948. Built somewhere from June to December. That is coming from the offset aircleaner and having 16 inch front rims and also from serial numbers.

• Like 1

WHNJ701

they are so cool, how long ago was it restored?  looks like it sat for awhile 

Chris G

Im not sure of exactly how long ago it was restored. But I was told that it was brought to the tired iron tractor museum in the late 80's or early 90's. They closed in 2012 and since then it has sat untouched in a gentlemens collection and he's done nothing with it, besides display it. It still has the auction tags on it from when he purchased it. I'm just gonna clean it up and do a good mechanical go over. Then I'll top it off with some nice decals and a attachment or two hopefully.

• Like 1

19richie66

I know where there is another one here close to where I live. 

• Like 2

Stormin

I really like that. Simple engineering at it's best. I doubt I'll ever see one over here.

• Like 1

Chris G
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I know where there is another one here close to where I live. 

If I was closer to you I'd ask were LOL. But If I was you id look in to it. They are a very unique and fun machine.

Edited by Chris G
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Nah....... she wants more than I would/could give her for it and I don’t have room for it. Neat tractors though. I have enough to finish up already. 😂

• Like 2

Chris G

Finally got this out today and started a good go over. Next two days I'm busy but going to start in on it friday!

20190416_131348.jpg

20190416_131355.jpg

20190416_131400.jpg

20190416_131410.jpg

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

That thing is just awesome. Looking forward to the progress.