WHX??

K91 Score

Achto

Awesome Jim!! glad that you were able to grab those. Sounds like you had fun looking around & meeting some one new. While those particular Bolens tractors are not the most eye pleasing to me, I still want one for some odd reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701

the 62 bolens is an odd transition year tractor either you like the look or you don't.  I always thought they were kinda cool looking 

• Like 1

dclarke

Good score Jim!  

• Thanks 1

roadapples

Nice score, but at that price I would not have come home without that 16...

• Confused 1

Shynon

Nice score Jim!  And you didn't even miss the tour :ychain:

• Haha 1

WHX??
17 minutes ago, jabelman said:

the 62 bolens is an odd transition year tractor either you like the look or you don't.  I always thought they were kinda cool looking 

Agreed Jabel.... the front end is a bit funky but what's not to like about the rounded fenders. One would have thought those grilles were pricey to manufacture compared to what :wh: was making in '62.

1 hour ago, Achto said:

had fun looking around & meeting some one new. 

Yah you would have like the shop Dan greasy, grimy, not well lit. Had to walk in backwards... sound familiar? :ychain: But the metal fab machines & steel stock in ther was to die for not to mention a powder coating oven! My kinda place where you ain't gotta worry about bein a bull in a china shop.

Johnny was a real nice guy.  Had a white goatee like @dells68 but about a foot longer. King Tut got nothing on this guy! :lol:  Someday I hope to man enough to grow one like that.

Showed me around a little and has got only one employee that could put down beads like no tommorow.

Takes me next door to a bro's shop where the thumper motor is. Bro builds custom golf carts and you couldn't even walk in this shop backwards! Had a couple of 40k+ Screaming Eagles I left some drool on in ther too!

All in all yes ... had a good score and  met some cool dudes to boot.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
24 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Nice score, but at that price I would not have come home without that 16...

I'm gonna be thinkin about that all night Apples.. I suppose could have ran to a ATM or asked him if he would take some rubber. Maybe even did a quick PayPal thing. I'm sure that's how he gets paid for his buckets. Told me the 16 came off a Grasshopper and had PTO off both ends of the crank. Perfect for running a HY I thought. It was buried behind a bunch of Briggs and other crap 8 ft. up on industrial shelving and would have taken hours to extract. I take it a Benny is a good price for a 341 you can't hear run? Looked like ther was some head bolt issues and missing the head sheet metal.

oliver2-44

@WHX21 Does the K91 without the head (bottom left in picture) have a heavier (wider) flywheel than typical, or is it just the  picture?

20190117_144915[1].jpg

WHX??

Not really sure Jim. I kinda thought it did too but didn't pay too much attention at the time. Some investigation is in order. Stay tuned. One thing for sure is a couple have some PO things going on.