TimC121

Tractor question

TimC121

Being new to wheel horse brand can anybody tell me difference between the c120 and c121 models. Both would be 8 speeds.  And any plus or minus between the two models.

MalMac

The C120 will have the gas tank under the hood right behind your dash. The C121 will have the gas tank under the seat, rear fender pan. Also the 121 will have the battery now  behind the dash. The 121 is the beginning of the final design of Wheel Horse. All that will change from there on out is hood, dash, rear fender pan. Some minor stuff to but the foundation will be the same until the tractor was discontinued by Toro.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

The changes that took place during the C-120 to C-121 transition were rather minor, the important part is that the quality and durability of both were consistent with the heritage of the Wheel Horse!

The 1974 C-120 would be the "Square Hood" design which had been used in earlier years and would be continued through 1977. 1978 saw a styling change to the "Black Hood" which is the first year of the C- 121. As @MalMac mentioned, the biggest changes were safety related with the new fuel tank location, but both are equally powerful.

• Like 1

T-Mo

Some of this thread may help:

• Like 2

MalMac

The 78-79 C81 thru C161 still had the square hood with the exception of the C161 that had the twin in it. I believe that was a black hood. 

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

as always here:wwp:!!

cafoose

Here's my C-161:

WHX??

:WRS: If you have the chance ...get them both! :)

• Haha 1