Mows4three

Favorite weekend breakfast

Mows4three

OK.  I have gotten to know a few of you guys on the forum.   Seems to me we share a lot of the same passions (a fondness for Wheel Horse tractors) and have the same mindset (thrifty and resourceful).   I've also formed the opinion that, like me, you're mostly over 40 and in the eternal battle of keeping a manageable waistline.  

On the weekends the missus and I like to go to a little diner near us called the Youngstown Grille.  We see a lot of our friends there and we can always find lively conversation with the wait staff and patrons.   My buddies and I started ordering the same "off menu" breakfast and have coined a name for it.   We call it the 1-2-3.   It's one 14" pancake, two pieces of sausage and three eggs over easy, all on the same plate.  Comes with a large mug of coffee and I think we pay $7.99 for it.   A guaranteed belly buster.   

Of course I respectfully acknowledge that thevYoungstown Grille is not a diner in the true sense of a NJ diner, but it has its ambiance, the folks that work there are friendly and they make some awesome food.  It also doesn't hurt that Arnold Palmer used to frequent the place when he was at home (its only about 1/2 mike from his house).

How about it guys?   What's your favorite place for and what's your favorite weekend comfort food?

Cheers!

Dave; Latrobe, PA

IMG_4891.JPG

Edited by Mows4three
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

We do have a couple of local eateries that are pretty good but my favorite place really would have to be any one of a half a dozen campgrounds that we frequent during our hiking excursions here in Southwestern Maine and Northern New Hampshire.

Many of the hikes that we do are one way or the other of 12 miles with a fair amount of elevation gain.

During one of these larger hikes it's quite possible that I can burn between 7000 and 9000 calories in one day.

That means that for two or three days after a hike I almost can't get enough protein.

I really do enjoy more than I could even begin to tell you waking up around Daybreak on a nice cool morning and starting out with a big steaming cup of boiled Cowboy Coffee that I make myself and then Trina and our friends go to work cooking up eggs and whatever meat we have available.

That's a breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

I'm a traditionalist...

Eggs scrambled, sausage, toast and hash browns...

Can't lose...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

spark949

That does look good, but I’m not a pancake guy.....bacon and eggs with home fries. Love home fries and bacon. After all, bacon is the candy of all meats. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

My favorite breakfast has always been...bacon (not too crisp), eggs over easy, wheat toast (buttered with peanut butter and cherry jam), and orange juice.  :occasion-xmas:

We do have one of those restaurants like was said above.  Huge portions...I love the gyros and eggs.  The second choice is corned beef hash and eggs.  Some of the members have been to this place with me and the wife.  Baker's Square.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

My normal breakfast during the week usually consists of a pot of strong black coffee before I leave the house, then I make another one when I get to the shop. However on Saturday mornings I usually go to the café right beside the RV park I'm in now for coffee and breakfast with Ray, always order the same thing 2 eggs over easy with bacon hashbrowns and white toast, and a lot of coffee. Then my usual Sunday morning routine is to go to the quick stop in the next town over and have coffee with some of the old farmers over there, one in particular I always go to visit with as he is a fellow tractor (Farmall) collector. After leaving there I usually make the 25 mile drive to Woodward and have my same usual breakfast at a little café inside of the truck wash there. Those little truck wash and truck stop cafes are always some of my favorite places, anytime I'm traveling I always try to find one along my way, most serve breakfast all day long, and some of the best food and friendliest staff I have found.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three
12 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

We do have one of those restaurants like was said above.  Huge portions...I love the gyros and eggs.  The second choice is corned beef hash and eggs.

Corned beef hash and eggs is our go to breakfast at hunting camp.  Good stuff.   Sticks to your ribs.  

Dave

• Like 3

Stormin

No place to go for a breakfast near me. I just have cereal and a coffee. Does me till lunch.

• Like 1

Mows4three
8 minutes ago, Stormin said:

No place to go for a breakfast near me. I just have cereal and a coffee. Does me till lunch.

Where are you in Cumbria?   Surely there's a good place for breakfast in Kendal or Penrith.

Stormin

Top left hand side on the coast. Both those towns are 30 - 40+ miles away. There are places, but why pay for something I can do myself if I wanted? :D

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

rjg854

Sausage, mushroom and cheese omelet, wheat toast w/strawberry jam and home fries. Those hole in the wall diners are the best. If you see a sorta rundown looking diner and the lot is packed with cars, you can almost bet the food is good.   :twocents-twocents:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

Biscuits and Gravy!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

squonk

French toast, sausage, scrambled eggs at the Masonic Lodge twice a month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

KC9KAS
2 hours ago, spark949 said:

After all, bacon is the candy of all meats. 

I just had a taste of deer bacon....doesn't have to be cooked and tasted like deer bologna.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Sausage patties, pepper-jack cheese omelet and buttered rye toast with a tall glass of OJ!

• Like 2

Digger 66

Just a local diner .

3 eggs over easy 

Well done home fries 

Dark white toast 

Hot tea with sugar .

I'm simple :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:omg:Like a bunch of old women here.

• Haha 6

Ed Kennell
35 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:omg:Like a bunch of old     overweight      women here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

JoeM

French toast with smoked bacon this morn, I am a 3 over easy with bacon and rye toast when out. Coffee black and hot, Columbian medium blend.

Sometime we have breakfast for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
46 minutes ago, OILUJ52 said:

Sometime we have breakfast for dinner

Us TOO !!

Best idea ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

We’ve been on a Keto thing lately,  I’m 33 and what I would consider fit.  Not skinny, but not overweight unless you ask a doctor.  This new “lifestyle” (not a diet) is high fat, high protein, lots of eggs, low sugar, low carbs.  A bunch of “good” oils and fats.  Low dairy intake, but that’s an optional part I think.  We have 16 laying hens and they are just starting to lay within the last month, so there are at least 4 dozen eggs in the kitchen at any given time.  In the last week, I shed 8 pounds just dropping sugar and carbs (beer during the week too) but keeping meat, fat, and eggs as major food groups.  It takes a lot of kitchen prep and cook time for this poor dude and I try to do as much as I can before Momma gets home.  I went to a birthday party yesterday for my buddy’s daughter’s 1st and had crackers, cheese, cake, etc.  I thought I was in heaven!  On the way home I felt tired and sluggish, like the 4 or 5 cups of coffee I had during the day hadn’t done their job.  My daily snacks are bacon, ham, eggs, salad stuff, mayo, mustard, etc.  I haven’t minded this, it seems like I could actually get used to this!  Today we went to Dave and Buster’s to redeem our kid’s Christmas presents from Grandparents.  I had a bacon cheeseburger with jalapeños and a lettuce wrap instead of a bun.  It’s the first time I can recall ever having a bun less burger, and I didn’t miss the bread one bit!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Ive always been a fan of steak and eggs

with hash browns fried up fresh!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

How's the family Dave?

Doing better.  Big appointment in Pittsburgh at the Hillman on Tuesday.   We are still pushing forward.

Dave

• Like 2

Jerry77

Well, being from Indiana, it would have to be sausage gravy and biscuits with hash browns and 2 eggs over easy..coffee please..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1