ohiofarmer

Engine for a B-115

ohiofarmer

Hey, guys, I am trying to help out a member here to get a b-115 running. According to Tractordata, The original engine for the tractor is a 11HP briggs Vertical shaft.  I have a take-out engine from a MTD that worked well for a time. [after I glued the split carb plenum together]  Now it needs a starter

i want to give the engine to him, and was wondering if anyone could say if some of the parts might swap. B-115 was made 1980-84, so the time frame seems right.

• Like 1

wildman

Everything should interchange as long as your engine takes the one piece carb and crankshafts sizes are the same

ohiofarmer

I found out more about this engine. It is a model 289707 Type 0154 01 and code 9503304E  It is a 12.5 horse IC engine with a cast iron sleeve

The Air cleaner base is cracked and is NLA the part number is 696129  https://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton/parts/696129/

It also needs a starter. The starter power cable broke off the starter.   A whole starter should not be that difficult to come by from a blown engine.

daveoman1966

I have two useable starters from Briggs vertical engines.   $15 each, plus ship from zip 16443.  Bendix gear on the black one is better.

BS RED  (4).JPG

BS BLK (4).JPG

wildman
11 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I found out more about this engine. It is a model 289707 Type 0154 01 and code 9503304E  It is a 12.5 horse IC engine with a cast iron sleeve

The Air cleaner base is cracked and is NLA the part number is 696129  https://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton/parts/696129/

It also needs a starter. The starter power cable broke off the starter.   A whole starter should not be that difficult to come by from a blown engine.

Take a picture of the air cleaner base and post it odds are i have it

ohiofarmer

image.jpeg.a058a0ed66058e669838ba33456e6c3e.jpeg

ohiofarmer

Here it is. I also posted it on Nick's build thread

wildman

I have that one it is setting on the bench

ohiofarmer

That should work out well. The engine is going to Carelton , MI.    How much do you want for the part?

Edited by ohiofarmer

wildman

I told him it was his for the cost of shipping

• Like 1