Lane Ranger

Snow in Greencastle, Indiana today!

Lane Ranger

I had to do some work this am on attaching a  newer type snowplow to my 854 tractor.   I used a hard lift and moved the rear  attach bar on the plow forward to fit on this tractor.     I normally use this plow on my B-80  but had a mower deck on that and recently sent a 314  I had to my brother David with another 42 inch snowplow on it.  I also have  the correct showrtframe plow for the 854 in my basement but did not want to haul it up to the garage.  The plow fit fine and the 854  did some good work this am as the snow was wet and heavy.

I also had to charge and fire up the Lawn Ranger with starting fluid today which I normally do not have to do but it was sitting for quite a while this year with no  activity.   I usually start the motor up every  month during the winter season but have not done so this year.   I wanted to see what the snowblower would do when running in this heavy, wet snow.   Seemed to work on .    I also took a video or two for you guys and gals to look at with the Lawn Ranger hood off and replacing the hood and steering wheel after starting -something you don't see done that often!

087.JPG

089.JPG

090.JPG

078.JPG

082.JPG

081.JPG

080.JPG

079.JPG

073.JPG

093.JPG

086.JPG

085.JPG

099.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 3

pfrederi

Glad you Ranger "got her done".  i love my L107 and use her year round but she and her snowblower didn't work well in my situation.  The first pass down 300 or so feet of driveway was painful.  lots of clutch slipping she doesn't go slow enough..  After the first pass it was better as I could decide how much I wanted to take each pass. I had a C-81 at the time and she only worked because I could go in 2nd or third low range.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Paul:   This Tecumseh motor is sometimes hard to start but once going on this Lawn Ranger L-157  she does the job.     Did not  stop once today. 

• Like 2

pfrederi
17 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Paul:   This Tecumseh motor is sometimes hard to start but once going on this Lawn Ranger L-157  she does the job.     Did not  stop once today. 

That is one thing about mine  she starts faster than any other Wheel Horse I have and can drive off immediately winter or summer.  If I forget to charge the battery one yank or at most 2 and she is running.

(She has electric start added  but no charging system  L-107)

• Excellent 1

KC9KAS

@Lane Ranger We got 3" of snow overnight, but with above freezing temps all day, the roads are all clean and the drive has melted.

I didn't even fire up a tractor! The older I get, the less I want to plow this crap!

• Like 2

Lane Ranger
6 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

@Lane Ranger We got 3" of snow overnight, but with above freezing temps all day, the roads are all clean and the drive has melted.

I didn't even fire up a tractor! The older I get, the less I want to plow this crap!

You just want to fly on your Gull Wing!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1