cschannuth

12” of the Wet Stuff

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

don't let anyone tell you a hydro ain't good for pushing snow.

It's the only way to fly Jeff.   Hydraulic lift and a forward / reverse rocker pedal for motion control.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

cschannuth
12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

It's the only way to fly Jeff.   Hydraulic lift and a forward / reverse rocker pedal for motion control.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I couldn’t agree with you guys more. I used to plow with the 520 but now it’s my full-time FEL tractor. Luckily most of my snow plowing is long straight stretches so I don’t have to do a lot of shifting or lifting. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy

@WVHillbilly520H

Everytime I see one of your snow videos I get the urge to buy a 520!!! 

Thanks for sharing the videos!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T-Mo

Craig,

We didn't get near as much as you guys to the north west of us, but we had about 9 inches, and an additional half inch yesterday.  I used my '47 Cub to move it Saturday, and then again Sunday.  That thing can push some snow, but I do wish I had a paved driveway though.

• Like 1

dcrage

Where are we going to put the snow if we get another storm next weekend (as forecasted)? I am going to need to shovel snow this week to free up space. Last weekend was the largest snow I have seen in my 30+ years here. The kinda of storm we get every 5-10 years that makes you wish you had a blower. 

• Like 1

pfrederi
36 minutes ago, dcrage said:

Where are we going to put the snow if we get another storm next weekend (as forecasted)? I am going to need to shovel snow this week to free up space. Last weekend was the largest snow I have seen in my 30+ years here. The kinda of storm we get every 5-10 years that makes you wish you had a blower. 

I am lucky out here in the boondocks I can just plow wide.  sometimes 4-5 feet on to the grass on each side of the driveway.

• Like 1

cschannuth
36 minutes ago, dcrage said:

I went ahead and pushed all of my piles back about an extra 3 feet just in case more was coming. However, I had no idea we had a chance to get another 10 or 15 inches so soon.  If it warms up tomorrow I may try to push things back even farther.  The other thing I did was split things up. I did about 6 inches on Friday night and I did the other 6 inches or so on Saturday and that made things push much easier. 

cschannuth

I did a little bit more cleanup in anticipation of more snow this weekend. I know this amount of snow is no big deal for the folks who get lots of the white stuff each year, but for us it was a decent amount. 58EE1A32-1567-4288-97B9-54CD83FF8FDF.jpeg.9fab700a8f76ca54cbf1c1130b16c21b.jpeg2C6B60A2-1EA9-4A81-9C73-B4AD98BEB61E.jpeg.eda295b3ecb092ec5c4befc3ac37e8b3.jpeg

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Still waiting!!:angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1

ztnoo

Well, by the forecast, its going to be serious business across much of the US.

It sounds like @The Tool Crib, you will likely will be on the warm side of the storm, but the midwest and PA, NY, and New England could get smacked pretty hard.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/17/winter-storm-east-coast-midwest-new-york-pennsylvania/2601621002/