JerryB

Paint Code?

JerryB

Does anyone know a paint code color for wheel horse red?

stevasaurus

Check out this thread.  it depends on what year your horse is...the paint did change some through the years.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JerryB

Hey thanks a lot. I’ve got a 78’ c81 and a 78 B100. I’ve got the C81 apart. My dad just bought a new sandblaster. And it worked out real nice taken off rust and old paint. I’ll try to upload some before and after. 

• Like 2

rmaynard
10 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Hey thanks a lot. I’ve got a 78’ c81 and a 78 B100. I’ve got the C81 apart. My dad just bought a new sandblaster. And it worked out real nice taken off rust and old paint. I’ll try to upload some before and after. 

FYI, the B-100's were only made from 1974 through 1977. I have two B-100's in my collection. In my humble opinion, it's one of the best looking tractors in the Wheel Horse line-up.

The B-100 pictured in my avatar is a 1977 and was painted with Kirker single-stage acrylic urethane. The color is Flame Red. As long as you paint it red, there's no "paint police" that will site you for using the wrong shade.

Please do post some pictures.

• Like 3

JerryB

Really. The guy I bought it from said 78’. My father has also an all original B100 in mint condition never been painted. Been trying to upload pics from my iPhone and having troubles. A ny suggestions?

JerryB

I’m gonna get a few pics of tractor vin. And research year.

JerryB

Also the color of your tractor looks really nice!!!

Pullstart
40 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Really. The guy I bought it from said 78’. My father has also an all original B100 in mint condition never been painted. Been trying to upload pics from my iPhone and having troubles. A ny suggestions?

If you can find “click to choose files” do that, then select “photo library” then click what pictures you want, then done.  They’ll pop into the uploaded images then you can submit your post...

985A8EA1-18E9-4458-92B0-45F7FCFE7228.png

B4EE7A7D-0E42-4891-AAB2-472C77392FE3.png

JerryB

41E69E67-3BF3-4AC5-ABBB-A4574472518F.jpeg

E0C77606-1CDC-439F-BA2B-9D11A96E30B2.jpeg

301A77CF-7B13-41CA-B517-997E6B8D6A74.jpeg

• Like 1

JerryB

Got it thanks a lot. Do you know the year. Of the B100

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Regal red

• Like 1

rmaynard

61-10K801 is a 1976. The Julian date (6351) indicates that your B-100 came off the assembly line on the 351st day of 1976, December 16.

• Like 2

c-series don

This topic has been discussed many times. I personally spoke to Cecil Pond about this and he told me that there was no official Wheel Horse red. So I believe that the consensus here on Red Square is that what color red you choose is your Wheel Horse red! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

jebbear
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

So I believe that the consensus here on Red Square is that what color red you choose is your Wheel Horse red! 

:text-yeahthat:

For my :twocents-twocents:, this is what I just used on my 1966  Model 856 and I am extremely happy with the results, very close to my original color as near as I can tell.

International Harvester IH-50

DSC_1316r.jpg.4f6d06a0db009c00ad35c1428a7767de.jpgDSC_1318r.jpg.f2aabb9d8eb354327b20c27af5c8a547.jpgDSC_1473r.jpg.4e02c8c9d125006555598621619130f6.jpg

• Like 1

JerryB

Wow that’s cool thanks a lot. For the info.

The Tuul Crib
18 hours ago, c-series don said:

This topic has been discussed many times. I personally spoke to Cecil Pond about this and he told me that there was no official Wheel Horse red. So I believe that the consensus here on Red Square is that what color red you choose is your Wheel Horse red! 

:text-yeahthat: so long as it ain't green!! 

• Like 2

JerryB

Thanks everyone for the help. You guys are great!!!

D_Ram
On 1/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, JerryB said:

Got it thanks a lot. Do you know the year. Of the B100

Edited by D_Ram
Already answered